Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TR: November Slots and some Ghosting

TR: November Slots and some Ghosting

More photos here - http://www.danransom.com/TripReports/?p=288

After failing in our attempt to ghost Smiling Cricket a few weeks ago, a group of us got together again this week to shake down a few more new techniques, celebrate Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Trail Master
    9,500' on a foot hill, of a 14er Above the town of Evergreen Co
    Nice! Is that the sand trap??? I was kinda thinking/wondering if it was something like that. pretty cool. I wonder what one would do if say No Kidding was full of water? Could be pretty tough and possibly frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by forum8fox
    Nice! Is that the sand trap??? I was kinda thinking/wondering if it was something like that. pretty cool. I wonder what one would do if say No Kidding was full of water? Could be pretty tough and possibly frightening.
    Yep, that's it. Would be intimidating, fortunately it's real easy to check water in there, and walk back to the car...

We'll definitely run it at freezefest this year if it's dry. You'll be in attendance, yeah?

Trail Master
    Yea, I would enjoy that. Time to start thinking about making it happen. I need to check on the dates and see what friends of mine want to go, I can probly only make it for 2 or 3 days tops.

I need to get out and meet you guys though and do some tough canyons.

Strong work!

is that a rope tarp ? probably easier to use and more versatile than a potshot (?)
    signature

Quote Originally Posted by forum8fox
    Yea, I would enjoy that. Time to start thinking about making it happen. I need to check on the dates and see what friends of mine want to go, I can probly only make it for 2 or 3 days tops.

I need to get out and meet you guys though and do some tough canyons.

Strong work!
    You don't need friends for freezefest, there will easily be 8 or more people doing canyons on weekdays and 30 - 50 on the weekend! More and more people show up every year.

Trail Master
    Yea I realized I don't NEED friends for the canyoneering aspect, although I like to hang with my buds. Besides that they help offset the cost of gas, make the drive more enjoyable, and possibly will drive thier car instead of me having to drive mine.

Dan,

Looks like you had a great trip. I was checking out the sand trap pictures, if I am following the concept when you pull it down it inverts itself and dumps the sand? When is Tom going to be selling it?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark
    Dan,

Looks like you had a great trip. I was checking out the sand trap pictures, if I am following the concept when you pull it down it inverts itself and dumps the sand? When is Tom going to be selling it?

Mark
    that is pretty much the idea. it never really inverts, so much as it just empties itself out.

not sure when Tom will sell them, probably will be a couple months? he can answer better when he returns to civilization. he's still out in north wash on some epic 13 day trip or something.

Inverted was probably the wrong term. What are you guys using to load all the sand? Hands, small shovel?

Gloved hands mostly works good enough...........

Quote Originally Posted by sasteve49
    Gloved hands mostly works good enough...........
    South Africa Steve?

Yep, but who knows me on this site........pray tell!

i know some of your peeps at ZAC. and we've been having fun with your invention. nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    i know some of your peeps at ZAC. and we've been having fun with your invention. nice work.
    What invention?

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark
    What invention?
    Steve invented the "maxi pad." You'll have to ask him what it does...

"maxi pad."
    Dang.... I can't wait to see the ads that google bestows upon us with these key words floating around....

I had just pulled down 3 potshots after a 60ft rap at the Lake and 2 of them split at the seams, so I figured there had to be another way......so friction and surface area led me to design and make(my wife Maria being a FAA Rigger) the Maxi-Pad,aka Sandtrap(the politically correct version). Have fun out there......pass the pad (trap)please!

I had just pulled down 3 potshots after a 60ft rap at the Lake and 2 of them split at the seams, so I figured there had to be another way......so friction and surface area led me to design and make(my wife Maria being a FAA Rigger) the Maxi-Pad,aka Sandtrap(the politically correct version). Have fun out there......pass the pad (trap)please!
    I'm assuming that's the khaki green (ish) folded over, sand filled item that folks are rapping off of. Makes so much sense! I'm intrigued at the ghosting possibilities!

very cool. a no brainer when i saw the pic. makes great sense. selling them where ?
    signature