Thread: North Coyote Buttes "The Wave".

North Coyote Buttes "The Wave".

Had a woman come into the store 2 days ago. Asked if I wanted a permit for 6 to go to the Wave on Dec. 3rd. I saw that it was on a thursday so declined. She asked if I could post a flyer? I said sure! I asked if I should put the price on the flyer? $30 but wasn't sure? She said OH NO! I already had a guy offer $150! Come to find out she has permits for Dec. Jan. Feb as well! Sounds like a Scalping operation to me? I didn't post her flyer. I just wonder what the thoughts of others might be on this behavior?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar

give me her contact info, I'll set up a sting with the undercover rangers, I mean I'd like to buy a permit.

What bullshit
    You should turn this lady in.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    What bullshit
    You should turn this lady in.
    One step ahead of you. I called BLM and gave them her contact info. and suggested that they should make an offer for the permit.

ask her if she will trade for $200 in food stamps.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide
    ask her if she will trade for $200 in food stamps.
    Life is Good

Re: North Coyote Buttes "The Wave".

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck
    I asked if I should put the price on the flyer? $30 but wasn't sure? She said OH NO! I already had a guy offer $150!
    Interesting - was she asking for money, or did you ask her if she wanted money?

When most people play the lottery, they play the state lottery and hope to win the "big one" and then be able to quit their jobs and go do the things that they really want to do.

I like to play the permit lottery - I win more often - and I sometimes get to do something that I really want to do.

So, like this woman, I sometimes have additional permits, or my plans change. My understanding is that the lottery winner/permit holder name on the permit must be part of the group. You can't transfer.

After letting people know via email, yahoo group, etc I cancel my permit with the agency and let the permit spots become available for use/up for grabs again. Sometimes, I say nothing and just cancel them. But I always cancel them ahead of time.

Trust me, I have been involved in heated discussions - even if I do not get my money back, I would rather see the permits get reissued and used via the system that is in place. It's my way of making a charitable contribution to the community.