Thread: website of Great Basin area

Blog Entries

website of Great Basin area

Just found this accidently and maybe some of you know it, but just passing the info to you guys.

Lots of TRs and cool places I've never heard about it. It makes me want to explore it a bit more now, especially Gandy Warm Springs, next to Crystal Ball and Stateline Ghost Town/mine.

http://desertislands.org/utahmap.htm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I used that site when we went to the Newfoundland Mountains a few years back. Definitely a great resource for the West Desert since it is usually ignored.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopi...ghlight=#65621

Blog Entries
    hey that's pretty cool. That's funny that you mentioned those mountains, those are my next destination for next year in the spring.

The guy mentioned that there was a mine-tram up there but couldn't find it...and by your pics it looks like you found em. Kinda tempted to bring some pulleys and make it a zipline

Thanks for this site, Stateline was high on my list. In fact, now I'm going next weekend.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Win
    Thanks for this site, Stateline was high on my list. In fact, now I'm going next weekend.

Win
    awesome, definitely looking forward to a TR.

Awesome site! I have been following this one for a while. I couldn

Blog Entries
    The author says the website and domain is for sale....and like you said earlier, I hope it doesn't go down again.

I actually sent photos to the site and heard nothing back so I figured they weren't managing actively anymore. Sounds like a pet project for someone on Bogley!

Let me know if you want to know anything about the Newfies. We went in May and it seemed to be a good time to go. Bring extra gas if you want to explore!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tmartenst
    I actually sent photos to the site and heard nothing back so I figured they weren't managing actively anymore. Sounds like a pet project for someone on Bogley!

Let me know if you want to know anything about the Newfies. We went in May and it seemed to be a good time to go. Bring extra gas if you want to explore!
    i like the website cause its varying with things to do - lots of POIs - similar to Shane's website, which I like a lot. It's NOT entirely canyoneering - it offers a variety, which for me, makes me appreciate and enjoy the outdoors more.

but actually yes, I'll ask you a few questions then... I heard that Deseret Peak is a awesome hike in the newfoundlands, ever do that one? and if so, any advice?

also, what about water sources over there, is there plenty to purify from or better to bring my 2-5gallon jugs?

Went out to Stateline yesterday. We did not go up to the mill due to some hunters in the area. We'll try to go back in a couple of weeks. Also want to go out to Gold Springs in that area. Here are my albums from there and nearby Modena on a previous trip:

http://winpics.fototime.com/Modena,%20Utah

http://winpics.fototime.com/Statelin...20Ghost%20Town

I also recommend picking up a copy of "Some Dreams Die". There's a lot of information in this book, as well as some good tales.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com