Thread: Now I feel old

Now I feel old

So I lost my basic old phone the other day so yesterday I went and got a new one. I have been texting a bit more lately so i decided to get one that had a keyboard then i realized i was old. (do you remember when you parents would say make the damm VCR stop blinking or program it for me) well I had to have one of the Airmen an 18 year old that works for me show me how to work the damm phone..
    "I'm a firm believer that if you play for more than you can afford to lose, you will learn the game." Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cheer up! 40 is the new 20, 60 is the new 40, 80 is the new 60
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

I didn't feel old until my family physician retired. Our new physician is younger than I am...

On the subject of phones.... I got a new phone about a year ago... It took me a few days to figure out how to answer it.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Im 38.
    I feel oldest when I get out of bed.
    I feel really old when I think about my 19 year old son and how when I was 19 I had a full time job and a baby.
    Last night however, I felt like a preschool kid when I got a call from my dad.
    "What do you want when I die?"
    He is 74 and not in great shape, but thinking about him being dead and gone, makes me feel like a kid, and not in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8grvty
    Im 38.
    I feel really old when I think about my 19 year old son and how when I was 19 I had a full time job and a baby.
    He is 74 and not in great shape, but thinking about him being dead and gone, makes me feel like a kid, and not in a good way.
    I cant imagin that. My father has lymphoma (SP) and we are in a watch and wait period. The docs say that it is a slow cancer and there is a really good possiablity that he will go from old age before the cancer gets him. he has been spending as much time with the grand kids as possiable. he cant travel a lot so we send the little ones out to hime for weeks on end. he currentally has my 2 year old as of the 15th he will have had him for 30 days. On the bright side the 2 year old is almost potty trained.
    "I'm a firm believer that if you play for more than you can afford to lose, you will learn the game." Winston Churchill

I had to get texting because of my sons. I had to have them teach me how to text but now...NOW, I am a texting monster! ...good thing I have unlimited .

Oh yeah...I'm 45

Steve.. your old.. its ok!
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Re: Now I feel old

Quote Originally Posted by snccoulter
    So I lost my basic old phone the other day so yesterday I went and got a new one. I have been texting a bit more lately so i decided to get one that had a keyboard then i realized i was old. (do you remember when you parents would say make the damm VCR stop blinking or program it for me) well I had to have one of the Airmen an 18 year old that works for me show me how to work the damm phone..
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Im 38.
    I suggest you go have a long visit and go over this with him. He is trying to deal with his future and its not easy. My dad did this and I sort of blew it off. He died a short while later and I really regret not being able to talk to him about his life and his death. BTW he was 71.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan
    Im 38.
    I suggest you go have a long visit and go over this with him. He is trying to deal with his future and its not easy. My dad did this and I sort of blew it off. He died a short while later and I really regret not being able to talk to him about his life and his death. BTW he was 71.
    We talk all the time, on the phone, saw him this last July.
    I dealt with it, Im realistic, I know he is going to die. Hes smoked since he was 11, used to drink daily and hard, has had more injuries than anyone else I know, so many pain pills for so many years. Numerous health problems and surgeries... When you think about it, its nearly unbelievable that he made it so long. Of course at 74, he is still riding the bike (an 900 pound motor cycle, not a pedal bike, that sits in the garage gathering dust) and is still, beating the crap out of people.
    He has been in Washington for 3 years now, maybe 4? he has been in 4 fights in that time. Seems odd, he was in 4 fights a year in utah living in murray.
    It just really hit me hard for him to talk about him dieing. Made me feel like I was a little kid again wondering what Id do after he was gone.
    NOT a good feeling.
    Course all in all Iv been lucky, he was 20 when his dad died and not too much older than I am now when his mom died. At this poitn I still have both my parents.
    Me and him have enjoyed many deer hunts, elk hunts, and fishing and back packing trips together over the last 30 years.
    He used to call me at 3 am on my days off "Going to christmas meadows int eh morning, do some fishing, want to come along?"
    It was rare I was forced to turn down the invite. We woudl be there before the sun was up, have a smoke and a sandwich in the truck and talk, walk up the trail 3 or 4 miles and fish all the way back to the truck at the trail head before noon, home by 2 pm.
    He was there for my first deer, my first fish on moon lake from a boat when I was 3 years old, the birth of my first child, second too.
    IF money allows, I will be going up there for christmas, my kids will be coming back a week after me. They have made several trips to stay with him.
    Id love to go for a visit, thats not on the afford list currently, but like I said, I am hoping and working towards a visit for christmas.