Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moab BogleyFest - Dinner pictures

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Well we’ve all run somebody off at one time or another. It’s just how it goes. It doesn’t make my statement any less true.
    Oh yes, true indeed. The mirror I referred to is a reflection of myself.

Although I can't recall ever running anyone off. Tried to save a couple, actually. Rock is probably the best diplomat around here, I'd say.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

2. Likes accadacca liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Tried to save a couple, actually. Rock is probably the best diplomat around here, I'd say.

Yeah I've tried to save several: Scott P (multiple times), Brian in SLC, Restrac 2000.

The last time folks exited was a learning experience for me. I tried to bargain and make promises but in the end they chose to leave anyway.

People are gonna be who they are and nothing I or anybody else says or does can change that. If they want to be offended they're going to damn well be offended no matter what -- it's futile to try and change that. I wasted a lot of energy trying to save the unsaveable. I won't make that mistake again.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

FWIW - Scott P left because of some serious family issues and not because he was offended or butt hurt, I expect he might be back one day after those issues are all resolved.

Brian in SLC left because he was butt hurt after he put all his eggs in the Russian Unicorn basket and it didn't pan out. For anyone following Brian elsewhere he now has all his eggs in the Ukrainian Unicorn basket and is currently Adam Schiff's number one cheerleader.

Climb-Utah.com

I know for sure I've poked the bear a few times, years ago. I've tried to tone it down but you know what, screw you guys

7. Likes accadacca, oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I know for sure I've poked the bear a few times, years ago. I've tried to tone it down but you know what, screw you guys
    RLOL

Well you know, we all live and learn. Some of us. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    FWIW - Scott P left because of some serious family issues and not because he was offended or butt hurt, I expect he might be back one day after those issues are all resolved.
    That's not quite correct. I doubt he'll be back.
    He left Bogley because you and he had a long-term conflict; he had sensibly somewhere else to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    That's not quite correct. I doubt he'll be back.
    He left Bogley because you and he had a long-term conflict; he had sensibly somewhere else to go.
    Not what he told me... I'm pretty good friends with Scott and we do a lot together. In fact, if the weather holds we'll probably be doing canyons together over Thanksgiving weekend in Moab. Just sayin I'm guessing my grasp of the situation and the issues involved is a lot more comprehensive then most...

YMMV

Climb-Utah.com