Thread: Girl Power!

Girl Power!

OK, true story for you. My 14 year old niece was walking home from the junior high in Lindon yesterday. She normally walks home with a couple of guy friends but was in a hurry so she went on alone. A couple of blocks from home she was attacked by what she describes as a big, 6'1" tall muscle bound football player type 18-19 year old guy. My niece is about 5'6" and very skinny. This guy bumped into her, then pushed her, all the while saying she'll be sorry for running into him that day. He then punched her in the shoulder. What this scumbag didn't know was that my niece has been taking taekwondo for the past couple of years. When the guy swung for her face, she blocked the punch, twisted his arm around his back, got him into an arm lock, then drove him onto his knees on the sidewalk. She then did a double kick to the groin and took off running for home! My sister-in-law said when she ran through the door she was sobbing and shaking really bad, but unhurt for the most part. When the policemen interviewed her, they were all amazed that this skinny, mild-mannered little 14 year old did what she did. She gave a good description of the attacker but they haven't been able to catch this turd yet. Here's the miraculous part- she had just learned the arm lock maneuver the night before in her taekwondo class!
    Are we there yet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That's awesome. Good for her. I hate people that think they can get away with that kind of crap just because they are bigger than someone else. This is coming from a guy who as an adult is only 5'-6" tall and 130 pounds. I had stuff like this happen to me from time to time. Only wish that I knew taekwondo.

AWESOME!!!! Thanks for sharing that man. That is awesome she didn't panic and was able to react quick. Practice over and over will kick the muscle memory into place when adrenaline is pumping high!

Where does she take classes?

I have been in self defense classes (Krav Maga) for a year and I love the confidence it teaches you.

Way to stand up for herself. I hope they catch up to the dirt bag.

Wax on... Wax off...

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo
    That's awesome. Good for her. I hate people that think they can get away with that kind of crap just because they are bigger than someone else. This is coming from a guy who as an adult is only 5'-6" tall and 130 pounds. I had stuff like this happen to me from time to time. Only wish that I knew taekwondo.

Just a observation here.
    Im 5'11" and 156 lbs.
    Iv always been small, and thin, and picked on.
    My dad was a boxer, he taught us all how to box, and fighting I learned on my own. You said people do this because they are bigger? I agree 100% and most of the time they get by on being bigger. Most people really do not want to fight, they do not want to get hit and alot of the bigger people have never been in a fight because of the size, no one wanted to put an end to it.
    I decided long ago, no more, Iv had enough. I have been beaten to a pulp a few times, broken noses and jaw and ribs, an arm once. but for the most part, Iv done the beating because Im serious about not letting people treat me like that. I am willing to back up my mouth and I will fight. about 80% of the time its been them that backed off and I did not end up in a fight at all. Sometimes, much to my relief.
    take a class, learn some stuff, get hit in the face a few times.
    THe first time I got hit in the nose I learned 2 things, that it hurt, and that it really did not hurt as bad as i had expected it to.
    People will treat you as bad as you allow them to.
    You will not win every time, but after that swelling goes down and you can look in the mirror again, its worth it. I can stand to see my own reflection with out wondering why I am such a puss and why I did nothing.

As to tall steve:
    Good! no one should have to put up with that! Honestly, she may of gotten hurt, or raped or killed, you really have no idea what someone is capable of or intends to do in a situation like that. Glad she fought back and came out in good shape.

I did have one situation when I was in 4th grade that I will always remember. It was winter and one of the sixth graders (a very big kid) was grabbing people and holding them while another kid stuffed their face full of snow and smacked them around. The bigger kid ended up getting ahold of me and I couldn't get away from him. When the other kid came at me with the snow I did the only thing that came to mind. I let loose and kicked that kid in the nuts as hard as I could. He dropped to the ground and the kid holding me let go to see if he was ok. I then ran away and went back inside. They didn't bother me again.

I've had several experiences like this and have never been beaten up. I have found that if you do stand up for yourself, things tend to get figured out.

I am glad that this girl was able to do what she did though. I think it's awesome.

Good for her! That is such a cool story. I hope they catch the a-hole.
    The man thong is wrong.

You should call the news with this story. Way to show examples to other girls.

But knowing the media, if it doesn't have a bad end they won't air it.

I guess KSL radio has interviewed them and there will be human interest stories airing after 4:00pm today. My sister-in-law agreed to let them do the interviews if they changed their names. They are a bit worried about retaliation since he hasn't been caught yet so her radio name will be Annie (I think!).
    I had part of the story wrong. I guess she put the guy right down on the ground, face-down, then when he rolled over, that's when she crotch kicked him. She's promised to give me a demonstration when we get together for thanksgiving, sans the crotch kick!
    Are we there yet?

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Steve that is AWESOME!

I thought this thread was going to be another "girl only toy" and didn't bother looking for a bit. So glad she defended her self. Bet that was one hell of a suprise for that ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    You should call the news with this story. Way to show examples to other girls.

But knowing the media, if it doesn't have a bad end they won't air it.
    On the other hand, getting it in the news, might also get someone that knows who it is based on description and time and what not to turn his ass in, giving it a happy ending, and making 'news worthy'
    Channel 4 seems to like to toot their own horn about helping communities.

Oh man what a great story. Nothing I love more than a bully getting his/her just deserts. Especially when it's a guy getting them handed to him by a dainty female.

Kudos to your niece!

I just read this story on KSL.
    What a poor job of reporting.
    Not a word on where, or when, or any description of who did it.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8571677

What an awesome story! Big kudos to your niece, there

I hope this incident did two things:

1) empowered your niece so she knows she can kick serious butt if someone tries messing with her

2) taught that d-bag/creep/loser a lesson not to mess with people, lest he get his ass kicked by a younger girl .

Give her a hug and a for me!
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"