Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TR: No Kidding!

in looking over beta and maps to do monkey business this weekend, it looks like the 4th class climbing 'kelsey exit' from monkey business/shennanigans/fooling around goes right up or at least very near no kidding. obviously hard to tell from looking at a topo. if we did monkey and wanted to do no kidding, how much longer would that add? is it just time spent creating anchors?

also, the climbing sections on the exit, how difficult and what kind of exposure is it? none of us are real climbers... just want is necessary to do canyons
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Trail Master
    9,500' on a foot hill, of a 14er Above the town of Evergreen Co
    Yep it's right next to the kelsey exit. the kelsey exit isn't to bad, you could partner assist it most likely if needed. Of note there is a hard to notice trail that cuts off right out of the gully maybe 2/3-3/4 of the way up, to avoid the final bit, ben went up the gully the whole way as he walked right past the faint trail.

As far as time spent in the canyon, depends on your experience, could probly take some folks all day. Yes it's all about anchor building. Don't go in there with out a lot of pot shots or a sand trap or something similar and a good game plan. We had 7 shots and put 6 to use. We had 3 ropes also, 2 were 60 meter climbing ropes (an 8mm and a 10.5mm) aswell as the 9MM static line we cleaned out of sandthrax. Leave the bolt kit and materials to fix shit at home, the canyon doesn't need that trash. Don't lower the canyon to your ability. Also you will probly want ascenders/ prusiks and the ability to use them incase things snag.

Good luck it's a sweet challange, but I don't reccomend trying to do it after monkey business. Not to say it's impossible, but considering you've never been down it and the fact that I have no idea how you fare with complex retrievable anchor building.

awesome - thanks for the info and quick reply.

i think we will leave no kidding for another time, maybe when i can find someone more skilled in these fancy retrievable anchors.
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DWayne27
    awesome - thanks for the info and quick reply.

i think we will leave no kidding for another time, maybe when i can find someone more skilled in these fancy retrievable anchors.
    4-6 hours first time. Less with a SandTrap.

Also, for No Kidding, bring a 200' rope to fix on the first set of drops, and clean it on your way back up.

Tom

What are you hiding on your photobucket there? At work, this is what I get when I try to look at your album.

This site has been blocked by the network administrator.

URL: http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w232/forum8fox/...

Block reason: Forbidden Category "Adult/Mature Content"

If you believe the below web site is rated incorrectly click here

Trail Master
    9,500' on a foot hill, of a 14er Above the town of Evergreen Co
    RIP my friend, may you live forever through these TR's.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum