Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado ski town legalizes pot

Colorado ski town legalizes pot

Pass the Cheetos...

[quote=news.yahoo.com]DENVER

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I saw that earlier today from one of my other sites, either norml or mpp or leap... I dunno, I am a member of all the pro legal sites.
    it will never last, they will get kicked and hit and spit upon by the feds, but it does mark an important step forward in thinking. It will be legal one day

I watched a series about mendocino county california on CNBC not too long ago. I can't find the series. Some vids on youtube but not the whole thing.

They showed people moving because there was still alot of violence and break-ins attributed to the thieves believing they were going into houses where pot was being grown.

I know this isn't popular but I am anti-pot. All the arguments in the world won't change my mind about it. I have seen what happens when parents use pot. The kids lived in a crib. They were fed candy so they would stop crying from being hungry. When they were let out of the crib they rummaged through fast food wrappers for scraps.

I'm ok with using it for medicinal purposes. Although problems will probably still arise just like with pain killers.
    The man thong is wrong.

here is a news article with some of the info.

http://ori.msnbc.msn.com/id/28354324...iness-cnbc_tv/
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    I watched a series about mendocino county california on CNBC not too long ago. I can't find the series. Some vids on youtube but not the whole thing.

They showed people moving because there was still alot of violence and break-ins attributed to the thieves believing they were going into houses where pot was being grown.

I know this isn't popular but I am anti-pot. All the arguments in the world won't change my mind about it. I have seen what happens when parents use pot. The kids lived in a crib. They were fed candy so they would stop crying from being hungry. When they were let out of the crib they rummaged through fast food wrappers for scraps.

I'm ok with using it for medicinal purposes. Although problems will probably still arise just like with pain killers.
    Parents on pot or not, there is no excuse for that crap. Unfit is unfit.
    I smoke, my kids still have dinner cooked for them or if we do eat out, get a meal themselves, not scraps.
    THe type of people that would do that to a child would do it if they used it or not.
    I will skip all the arguments for legalization. Its your opinion and your entitled to it. But trash is trash, if they use pot or not and pot is not an excuse for being a worthless hunk of crap.
    Iv been a toker for over 25 years, have adult children now and they never went with out so I could get high. Never missed a meal or suffered in any way. Responsibility does not change just because you choose to smoke a bowl.

I passed about 600 U-hauls leaving Boulder heading up the mountain.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8grvty
    Parents on pot or not, there is no excuse for that crap. Unfit is unfit.
    I smoke, my kids still have dinner cooked for them or if we do eat out, get a meal themselves, not scraps.
    THe type of people that would do that to a child would do it if they used it or not.
    I will skip all the arguments for legalization. Its your opinion and your entitled to it. But trash is trash, if they use pot or not and pot is not an excuse for being a worthless hunk of crap.
    Iv been a toker for over 25 years, have adult children now and they never went with out so I could get high. Never missed a meal or suffered in any way. Responsibility does not change just because you choose to smoke a bowl.
    You're right. The parents might do it either way. There are worse things than pot but I'm a religious zealot.
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan
    I passed about 600 U-hauls leaving Boulder heading up the mountain.
    The man thong is wrong.

Hey Jaxx, i have one question for ya?
    Have you EVER used pot?
    Doesn't matter, I just like keeping track statistically based on those that never used that are opposed and for vs that that have used at some point that are for or against.
    If youd be so good as to answer, Id appreciate it, if not you can always tell me to go to hell as in all honesty, its none of my business.

Hey Jaxx, i have one question for ya?
    Have you EVER used pot?
    Doesn't matter, I just like keeping track statistically based on those that never used that are opposed and for vs that that have used at some point that are for or against.
    If youd be so good as to answer, Id appreciate it, if not you can always tell me to go to hell as in all honesty, its none of my business.
    I have never tried it.
    Do you think it would change my mind? Serious question, not trolling.
    The man thong is wrong.

I honestly think, that if you had tried it once, under the right conditions, it would change your mind.
    Of course if your against drinking, and recreational use of anything that alters your thinking, then it wouldnt.
    THe right conditions being that your in a good place, know what to expect, and do not have idiots around you that are trying to mess with you and freak you out.
    Pot is very mellow, just relaxing and makes you see things differently. I am not talking about hallucinations or anything, just the way you perceive things when you think on them.
    Of course, alot of what you think you should write down all those great ideas that will fix the world. Then when your sober and forget about them youll have a record!
    NEVER read the stupid carp you wrote down! it will only convince you that your an idiot, trust me on this, Iv done it.

Really, depending on the strain and how much you smoke/eat/vaporize/whatever, its like a really good strong drunk. But your sober an hour later (not if you eat it) and capable of driving WHEN you come down. and have no hang over.
    Alot of people claim and a study confirms, that its safe to drive when high.
    As a long time user, I highly disagree with this.
    If you do try it out, hit the store first, get some food, some drinks, and a good movie, or load up some cartoons. Do not plan on anything after.
    Myself, I like to take a nap or use late at night an hour or so before bed so I can just go to sleep after.
    Course I have done alot in the woods and ended up on 10 mile hikes looking at trees and sunsets and following deer or squirrels around.
    It really sucks to be that far from camp, run out, and have to walk back tired and sober.
    If you do try it you should also know that it is impossible to overdose on.
    in order to do that you would need to smoke about 15 thousand pounds in 15 minutes, the smoke inhalation would kill you before the drug ever did.
    Another tip, if you do do it, do not drink!
    I mean Iv smoked then had a few beers to nurse along and been fine, but if I drank then smoked I puked with in minutes each and every time.

I think I'd take a pot smoking parent over an alcoholic parent anyday
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

NEVER read the stupid carp you wrote down! it will only convince you that your an idiot, trust me on this, Iv done it.
    The man thong is wrong.

That shoudl of read CRAP not CARP :D
    However, If we are going to be honest about effects and dangers, we may as lay it all out.

And, as a parent of kids 19,16 and 6, I would much rather my kids, if they disobey all that I taught them and told them and decide to experiment with stuff, I woudl much rather it be pot that I caught them with than booze.
    The only reason I am really against them ever using it is because of the age they are, and that it is illegal. A single roach in an ashtray can get them sent to jail, have it on the record, and they can never get a scholarship or a student loan. IF you look at in those terms, they get off easier for a DUI or murder or rape, than for smoking a harmless plant.

That shoudl of read CRAP not CARP :D
    Please wait 6 to 12 hours before typing again.....
    Life is Good

it's hard to generalize about how drugs affect people. some of our nation's hardest and most productive workers are addicted to cocaine and speed.

Why is Marijuana cool and funny, but prescription pain pills are a huge no-no?

I listen to people laugh all the time about how high they were or how drunk they got, but if somebody mentions pills, they get all serious.

I don't get it.

Why is Marijuana cool and funny, but prescription pain pills are a huge no-no?
    As Mr Natural told us many years ago............ Marijuana is organic

Just my own opinion here but...
    I never laugh at drunk stories, in fact I am 100% against booze. I have some experience with it, Im an alcoholic. How many people die every year from drinking? I am not talking drunken wrecks, I mean alcohol poisoning, liver disease, deaths related strictly to the drinking, not the actions after drinking. I do not however think it should be illegal, If your responsible enough to drink and handle it and know the effects, I support your right to do so.
    How many people die from pain pills? over doses and sometimes, taking exactly the amount the doctor prescribed?
    Now look at addiction rates for both of them. Kids are now robbing pharmacy's for pain killers, loritabs are a huge business on the street.
    about a month and half ago my wife had oral surgery, had a scrip for some pills. I took her home and put her to bed, then left to go get her pills and some stuff she might be able to eat with out chewing like broth and soup and stuff.
    Hit the local walgreens and dropped off the script, talked to the pharm tech at the counter. then hit the grocery store and came back half hour or so later to get the pills. The same guy was sitting in the waiting area as was there when I dropped the script off. He followed me to the parking lot and offered to buy them from me at 5 bucks a pill.
    How addictive is it that you would do that?
    I have never done that for pot.
    My dad was taking 2 oxys and 3 lori 10's a day, by order of his doctor for back pain. His pain history goes back for 7 back surgeries and 30 years plus 3 more surgeries on his neck and I lost count on an ankle and shoulder.
    He had a legitimate need. He moved to washington, I called some friends I have there and spent a few months working on him to get him to try pot.
    Now instead of the pills, he is high half the time I talk to him, but he can function, he sleeps at night, something he has not done in 20 years, not for more than 1 or 2 hours in a row atleast. he has cut back his pills to about 1/3 of what he used to take.
    Pot as medicine is great, as recreation its great too.
    You have to have responsible use. I do not get high and go out on the town, and drinking I always got violent, high? Id rather watch cartoons or a funny movie.
    back to numbers, how many people die each year from pot?
    In over 5000 years of recorded history, not a single death, ever, from pot.
    impossible to overdose on, users do not get violent, they get the giggles and then hungry and thirsty, and then take a nap.
    No one goes out and rapes anyone, or smokes a joint before they play jack the ripper.
    I have a lot of great stories about when we were high, for the most part I have alot of horror stories about how drunk we were. I woke up several times in wyoming days after I started drinking, a few times in nevada and once in new york, 4 days after I pulled in to the bar.
    Ever woke up in a strange place with no idea where you were and how to get home and where your car was? Its not fun. IT never got me to quit drinking though.
    My wife was a booze hound as well, hell its part of why we started dating, we were both always ready to go out drinking.
    we never decided to quit, it just sorta happened, one day we realized we had not had ad rink yet, then that turned in to 2 days and pretty soon it was a week, then it was about seeing how long we could go with out a drink.
    I do not miss the shakes and the desperation for a drink we went through.
    IT was common for us to hit the store and get a bottle of rum and a bottle of vodka. She polished off the rum and me the vodka, straight out of the bottle, no mixer, in an hour or two. then we drank what ever beer there was in the house. No detox with pot, and no desperate need to always have more, no black outs, never woke up 1000 miles away from home.
    Sometimes I go weeks or months with out getting high, even though I have some stashed at home, never bothered me. If I had booze in the fridge, it was to keep it cold, that fridge was empty every night of booze
    She does not smoke, but never bitches about me doing it, unless its nightly for more than 2 or 3 nights in a row, then I get an earful.
    Just some insight on my reasons why pills and drink is one subject and pot is another.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    it's hard to generalize about how drugs affect people. some of our nation's hardest and most productive workers are addicted to cocaine and speed.
    What? I am with you on the generalization of how people are affected by drugs, but do you have anything to back up that next statement there? Not trying to be a troll or anything. If there is data to back this statement up, I would like to know that's all.