View Poll Results: Are you getting the H1N1 vaccine?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 18.52%
  • No

22 81.48%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: Half of Utahns don't intend to get H1N1 vaccine

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ih8grvty
    Just because I found it interesting:
    http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...0.html?cnn=yes
    How interesting.....and scary! So far, my cat Tasha is just fine. I can identify with your other comment too. Get up to do just the "regular" stuff (dishes, etc.) and you're tired in no time. I feel better today than I have since Sunday, but this stuff sucks!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Our cat, and dog came out just fine, no symptoms so far at all, and that cat is about 3 months old and spends most of the time that my wife is home sleeping on her chest wrapped around her neck or perched on her shoulder like a parrot. IF she is not laying or sitting it follows her form room to room always a couple feet behind her.
    Its her cat, but its my dog!

Wow...reading about everyone's bout with flu/swine flu .

Savannah - sounds like maybe the worst is over for you, although the residual sinus/lung junk can linger around for a while. I have that happen even when I get a regular cold - I usually have a cough for at least a couple weeks afterwards. Drink as much hot tea/beverages as you can stand and that will help loosen the junk up so your body can clear it out.

And those Z-paks . I'd Rx those for myself or friends when I knew I had an upper resp. infection. Sort of spendy, but worth it for the easy, short dosing.

My mom (not healthy and in her mid-60's) had what the Dr's diagnosted as swing flu a few weeks ago. They got her on Tamiflu right away which she said helped a lot. She always gets the flu vaccine every year, but it wasn't available by the time she got sick and needed it.

A friend, whose husband works for the Navy, stopped by a couple of days ago after having her sons get the H1N1 vaccine. They were considered high-risk because of their ages (teenagers), but Lisa couldn't get it because she wasn't in the high-risk category. So, in some places, like good 'ole CT, you might not be able to get the vaccine even if you want to. I was hearing on NPR about shortages of it in clinics throughout the state (maybe country, too?).

I wash my hands constantly at work (after handling money and before handling food), so that may have helped cut down on potential exposure for me. Plus, now that it's post-tourist season at our shop, we don't get huge volumes of people - sick or otherwise - rolling through there.

I'm heading back to AZ for the winter :D in less than 2 weeks and I'm always concerned sitting on a plane for a few hours and breathing in all the used air from everyone else. That's a sure-fire way to get sick: travel.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that no one else here, or their families, gets this. Even if its mortality potential has been overblown by the media, it's still an awful thing to have and as blueyes said, the complications are often from secondary bacterial infections.
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by canyonphile
    Wow...reading about everyone's bout with flu/swine flu .

Savannah - sounds like maybe the worst is over for you, although the residual sinus/lung junk can linger around for a while. I have that happen even when I get a regular cold - I usually have a cough for at least a couple weeks afterwards. Drink as much hot tea/beverages as you can stand and that will help loosen the junk up so your body can clear it out.

And those Z-paks . I'd Rx those for myself or friends when I knew I had an upper resp. infection. Sort of spendy, but worth it for the easy, short dosing.

My mom (not healthy and in her mid-60's) had what the Dr's diagnosted as swing flu a few weeks ago. They got her on Tamiflu right away which she said helped a lot. She always gets the flu vaccine every year, but it wasn't available by the time she got sick and needed it.

A friend, whose husband works for the Navy, stopped by a couple of days ago after having her sons get the H1N1 vaccine. They were considered high-risk because of their ages (teenagers), but Lisa couldn't get it because she wasn't in the high-risk category. So, in some places, like good 'ole CT, you might not be able to get the vaccine even if you want to. I was hearing on NPR about shortages of it in clinics throughout the state (maybe country, too?).

I wash my hands constantly at work (after handling money and before handling food), so that may have helped cut down on potential exposure for me. Plus, now that it's post-tourist season at our shop, we don't get huge volumes of people - sick or otherwise - rolling through there.

I'm heading back to AZ for the winter :D in less than 2 weeks and I'm always concerned sitting on a plane for a few hours and breathing in all the used air from everyone else. That's a sure-fire way to get sick: travel.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that no one else here, or their families, gets this. Even if its mortality potential has been overblown by the media, it's still an awful thing to have and as blueyes said, the complications are often from secondary bacterial infections.
    Thanks for the advice! Any and all is welcome at this stage. I do believe I have cracked a rib with all this coughing!! I am the primary caregiver for my mom and after I became sick with this, I called her doctor immediately and had him prescribe Tamiflu. She was already starting to cough and had a low grade fever. My sister has contracted it as well, and she was admitted to the hospital yesterday with a really bad case. I'm worried and frustrated because I'm not well enough to go see her. This stuff is crap! I too wasn't able to get the vaccine because I didn't fall into the high risk category, but I thought my Mom would've met the criteria because of her condition and age. Nope. I'm still on the Tamiflu and an antibiotic called Levaquin which is supposed to cure what ails ya! I hope so...........it positively drives me crazy just lying around.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!