Thread: Cyclocross race this weekend

Cyclocross race this weekend

Hey everybody, just thought I'd throw this out there. There is going to be a cyclocross race this weekend at Wheeler Farm. One on Saturday and one on Sunday too. If you've never seen one before or have been curious about it, come check it out. I'm racing in the cat C race at 9:30 on Saturday. I'll be on my red and white Trek XO2 cross bike if anyone comes, say hi. I would love to meet some of you.

It's a great spectator sport as the laps are pretty short and you can see a good portion of the course from one spot. If you have ever thought about trying it, but don't have a cross bike, you can ride your mountain bike (a lot of people do).

Check out the website for the schedule of the remaining races this season. Next weeks race is at the Weber County Fairgrounds.

http://www.utahcyclocross.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Saturday's race was a ton of fun - loved the costumed racers!! I have never seen so many racers - we've been doing the cross series here (I'm not racing, my husband is) for 6 years, and I am amazed at how much it's grown!

I'll post some pics later...

Karen
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

There was a ton of people. I raced in the Men's C division and we had 66 riders in that category alone. What a pile of people at the first singletrack. The course was great though and the competition was fierce. I ended up in 29th place. Got skunked out of 28th at the final corner.

Oh well. I just have to ride faster next week. Seriously guys, it's a blast.