Thread: Best Drift Ever? Reverse-entry slide has judges aflutter

Best Drift Ever? Reverse-entry slide has judges aflutter

Bad AAAAAAAA!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice slide. I love the Japanese!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Speaking as a car nut.... Drifting is the one sport that makes absolutely no sense to me. You have to completely screw up a cars handling and intentional turn the car into a POS to try and imitate synchronized swimmers

I got the Tokyo Drift once. Now I use condoms.

James

[quote=Iceaxe]Speaking as a car nut.... Drifting is the one sport that makes absolutely no sense to me. You have to completely screw up a cars handling and intentional turn the car into a POS to try and imitate synchronized swimmers
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket
    What!!! I'm not into cars but I think drifting is like the coolest thing ever. You've probably already seen this, but if you can watch this and not say "hell yeah" then I think you should give me my man card back that you took from me so long ago.
    This is EXACTLY what I mean... the video you posted is NOT drifting, it is Gymkhana, better known as Solo I, Solo II, and hillclimbs in this country. Probably the best known Gymkhana is the Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

Anyhoo.... the biggest difference is in a Gymkhana you don't get any style points. The race is timed one car at a time up a known course and the fastest time wins..... none of the candyass synchronized swimmers style points crap....

Below is some actual race footage from Pikes Peak. This is the type of event Block was training for in the video you posted...

Well damn.. I guess you can keep my man card then. *sigh* I thought "drifting" was just a term used for going sideways around a corner really fast in a japanese car. I didn't know it was it's own sport.

I didn't know it was it's own sport.
    Oh yeah.... they have drifting competitions complete with the corrupt French judge and everything.... just like ice skating.

If you post some hotties down in the Rubbish Bin we'll give your man card back....

Aside from the countless amount of money and obvious peril of tumbling off the side of a cliff WHILE DRIVING INTO THE SUN....Why in the HELL have I not been doing this for the past 10 years?

Sorry about the man card BTW. I've taken many but still hold mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    If you post some hotties down in the Rubbish Bin we'll give your man card back....
    Hold on to it for a little longer. I don't think I'm ready yet. I would just lose it again on my next post. Plus, none of my pics are tame enough for the rubbish bin.

Ok one more question since my card is gone and who gives an F, hehe. So that video I posted it says his car has "530 WHP". Which I was curious as the difference between regular HP. So I googled it and learned it means horsepower that actually reaches the wheels vs hp right at the flywheel. Why would someone care what the hp is at the flywheel? If it doesn't reach the wheels and actually provides you that power it's useless IMO. It's like saying I have a 12 inch schlong, but only 6 inches is actually outside my body. Right?

Why would someone care what the hp is at the flywheel?
    The short answer is.... Because HP measured at the flywheel (crank) looks a lot better in manufacturer brochures. Advertising 400 hp sells a lot more cars than advertising 320 hp.

HP measured at the wheels is a lot less than HP measured at the crank. A rough estimate is 15% difference for manual transmissions and 20% for automatics.

Horsepower measured at the crank is always higher. Power is used up as it is transferred through the transmission, differential and wheels. Automatic transmissions and all wheel drive cars lose more HP because they have more moving parts.

And just to make things more interesting..... when you stand on the gas in a fast car and you are slammed back into your seat you are not feeling HP. What you are actually feeling is the engines torque. Which is anther can of worms.