Thread: Imlay II

Imlay II

My second trip to Imlay it was a little different with low water!
    Attached Images Attached Images                 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The fall colors look awesome....

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar

Re: Imlay II

Quote Originally Posted by bretoyce
    My second trip to Imlay it was a little different with low water!
    when?

how low was the water? how many potholes required hooking out of?

(yada yada yada 2/3 hard-headed - quite remarkable to be experienced enough to do Imlay twice and not feel naked without a helmet on...)

Tom

Good stuff, Bret! (At least you were the one wearing a helmet... )

I like the shot where you're covering your headlamp. And once again, I see, the zebra shorts. Accadacca should like that!

Here's the scoop! It was Oct. 16, 2009. We met in St. George at 4am to get an early start on Imlay. Scott is a cop from Mesquite and his son Cass in in my English class. Just for the record I was the only one with a helmet I told the other two to wear bike helmets or whatever they could find to protect their head, but you can only lead a horse to water you can't make it drink! So we got out permits do go through Imlay and a parking permit for the Grotto so we could get started before the buses were running. With headlamps beaming we spotted a ring tail cat in the dumpster got a few sweet pics and the journey was on! We followed a tunnel of light created by our headlamps all to the top of the scout outlook trail. Thousands of stars glowed like white marbles on asphalt boxed in by the silhouette of towering sandstone cliffs. By the time we were at the outlook there was no sun in sight but the darkness had began to fade. The hike was long climbing over the hills and back down, but the yellow, red, and orange fall colors were a wonderful distraction. Finally the huge white sandstone cliff directly in front of us told us we were at the mouth of the canyon! We dropped down into the canyon and quickly put on our wetsuits. We down climbed the first obstacle and plunged into waist deep smelly water. We continued on down canyon through a narrow sandy corridor. The next rap was off a long into a swimmer full of pin cones, logs, and even a dead mouse. More canyon then a changed in scenery a huge pile up of logs! I was a little skeptical crawling thorough, but on ward and up ward. I just want to know who took the time to make a tunnel or did it get washed out like that? I have to cut this short I have reception to go to! There were 2 potholes we had to hook out of and 2 we used pot shots. It was a great day and the last rappel is never disappointing.