Thread: Is Comcast "Con"cast?

Is Comcast "Con"cast?

So this is what happened. For the past two days my internet has been not working properly. Last night, I called Comcast because I couldn't get on at all. The guy I talked to said that it showed there were other people in my area that were having trouble and that if I just waited, enough people would call that Comcast would automatically send out a repair person.

So I waited until this morning. When it still wasn't working, I called back and talked to a different guy. He said that, no, it was only my connection that was showing up as being down. He said that he could send a truck out, which would cost me something like $27, or I could sign up for 99 cents a month insurance, and the truck would come out and I wouldn't have to pay the $27. Well, the 99 cents sounded better to me, so I said okay. Anyway, immediately after I hung up the phone, my internet connection began working perfectly.

Hmmm. Something sure seems fishy about that. Like they defrauded me by making it look like my service was down so that I'd buy the insurance.

The thing is, how could I prove something like that, and what could I do about it?

Does anyone know anything about Wild Blue or some of the other Salt Lake ISPs? I can't get Qwest here yet, so that's out.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I had a similar deal with Direct TV a while back.... They wanted a bunch of coin to come out and fix my dish or I could sign up for the insurance for $5 a month and all repairs would be at no additional cost. I signed up for the insurance, the guy came out and fixed the dish and than I went on-line and cancelled the insurance. So bottom line it cost me $5 to get a truck out to fix my dish.... I'm not going to bitch about that.

And a little FYI: it was a friend who worked at Direct TV who told me to do it this way. He said it was the cheapest and fastest way to get the dish fixed.

Don't know if they're still in business, but do NOT go with Blue Zone.

WHY?(clicky)