Thread: TR - Gainesville & Cedar Key, Florida

TR - Gainesville & Cedar Key, Florida

Had to go down to Gainesville, Florida for an emergency trip for work. I was actually supposed to be a witness in a grand jury trial! The first two days they ended up not needing me so I rented a car and explored. I only took my point and shoot Canon G10, not my normal camera setup.

Night of October 7, drove out to Cedar Key (1 hour 20 minutes away) and stopped at Devil's Hammock temporarily on the way out. Saw the sunset at Cedar Key and had some awesome seafood at a local joint. Small town with about half of the houses for sale. I imagine most are second homes.

The next day I got up for the sunrise down at Payne's Prairie which is about 15 minutes south of Gainesville. Too much fog for a sunrise but a very cool place. Saw about 30 deer, a bald eagle, gators and their baby gators, and a ton of Golden Orb spiders. I actually ran right into a web while on a short hike. Apparently they like to build across the trail and not many people had taken it to clear the way! Luckily it seemed to be a small web with no spider on it. They typically sit right in the middle so you can't mistake.

Very cool place and better than I expected. Downtown Gainesville is a pretty cool little college town as well. They didn't need me at all so I just took a free trip to Gainesville for the week. Sat in on the closing arguments though.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Great stuff! I love the bending tree shot.

very cool. nice shots.
    signature