Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post your bike crashes

Ouch dude! Washed out!! That's a major case of bacon...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm not sure who this is crashing. I was behind the camera on this big group ride a few years back.

Cross posted from the Iceaxe gets an Owie thread

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Warning: this pictures below are pretty graphic and not for the faint of heart or those with a weak stomach.

So yesterday I crashed on my mountain bike. It wasn't really a crash, more like I tipped over going about 2 mph. I was riding down a singletrack in Corner Canyon and anther rider and his dog were coming up the trail so I unclipped my right foot and went to step down and the dumb dog ran under my foot, so I fell to the left where my foot was still clipped into the pedal and I couldn't catch myself. It was no big deal really... except for the front sprocket sliced my calf open like a kitchen turkey. It took over 30 stitches to close and is going to leave a wicked scar.

I had to ride two miles home and drive myself to the hospital.

The doc's were laughing because I placed a towel over the wound and ducted taped it in place so I would bleed all over my truck. They thought it was funny I used duct tape to patch myself up.

The worst part is I'm out of commission for doing fun stuff for the next 3 weeks.

Remember... you were warned!

Before stitches

After stitches

Someone recently asked me what the scar from my bike crash looked like.

Here ya go. When I'm wearing shorts I get a lot of comments and questions. Scars are just tattoos with a story.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My crash last night on the North Ogden BST. I was more mad that I ripped my jersey then how bad my knee was. LOL I have ridden this trail about 4 times with out my GoPro and not a single incident, I take it out last night and bam.
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

A friend of mine just posted this of her on Facebook

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1408231576965.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  80.6 KB

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

And you're such a good friend to re-post her misery!
    Are we there yet?

The guys at 203mm WebMTB posted this shot of Kelly McGarry crashing out at Rampage last weekend, he walked away from it and rode in finals but it was one hell of a crash!

Watch out for that treeeeeeee

The time I slammed into a tree at over 20 mph.

5 broken ribs and a collapsed lung.

Name:  2014-04-12 13.16.30.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  126.6 KBName:  IMG_1086.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  46.0 KB

Post your bike crashes

Bump... @double moo

After working hard to post my best time ever on a nice bit of down hill I was relaxing while rolling through a straight section on my way back to the house. With less than a half a mile of dirt remaining before the boring three and a half mile asphalt treck to the hacienda, a lapse of concentration put me down. It appears that I clipped the left edge of a rock in the trail shooting my front wheel to the left and out from under me. The bike went left while i flew right, head first, and supermanning it all the way in. Fortunately I had the presence of mind to use the thistles to slow me down as I slid along.

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  112.9 KB
    I took this pick while regaining my wits prior to heading down. You can see where my hand first hit the dirt to the right of the trail - my slide was right to left through this pic head first all the way to a full stop. Thank god for thistles.

I had just left my riding partner at a trail junction a half a mile above this. I gave him a call and asked if he could grab his truck and meet me at the lower parking lot. I felt I'd be fine riding that far but not through town. The bike looked fine... as I started rolling, fortunately down hill, I couldn't get my seat to stay up - it appears I have damaged the cable and lever to the dropper I had recently installed. Soon enough I needed to pedal a short uphill segment... that's when i realised that I had sheared the perch for my left shifters, had to stop and reseat the chain to the inner chainring, then roll to the parking lot.

I had a few minutes to wait so I rolled across to the bathrooms to wash up.. I knew my shin was scraped pretty good and my forearm sustained some good rash. I was suprised to look in the mirror and see my upper arm.

Name:  FullSizeRender-1.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  62.7 KB
    Once the dirt was rinsed out the pain started.

Name:  IMG_1453.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  52.3 KB
    The upper thigh and hip scrapes are not visible in the pics.

I ordered the parts to repair the bike, should be here by the end of the week. Hopefully I'm healed enough to ride by the time I get them!

Did you break some records?

Yes... Picked up 5 PRs on Rush...

And a peronal record for most square inches of trail bacon in a single setting. I've had way worse crashes... just not as much skin lost at once!

18. Likes accadacca liked this post

20. Likes REDFOX liked this post

Post your bike crashes

Ouch! That's a nasty corner...

Guardsmans Pass Tour of Utah Crash

http://youtu.be/hRM3bFXlyNk

I saw that the other day. Crazy! Be careful out there folks!
    Are we there yet?

Blog Entries
    Two of my brothers, Jeff Guest, and I hit up PCMR yesterday, and this is Jeff's vid compilation of our crashes:

https://www.facebook.com/jeffguest1/...6596470486031/

Good times!
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

24. Likes whansen liked this post