Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post your bike crashes

Little Cottonwood Trail, if you've been on the trail, you've probably seen the jump, maybe even hit it. Towards the bottom, glaring at you, taunting you to hit it. Perfectly shaped ramp. Over the bars to barrelroll, couldn't lift my arm above my stomach, thought I got my collarbone but a little ice pack and I was good in a few days. My brother was out from Virginia and I was hoping to get some good riding in with him but I had to show off a little and end my day early, you know.

Stupid Rock:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

My Latest Crash

I had a brain cramp and went over the Handle bars and Crack the good old helmet near the end of the bobsled trail. DOH!! The trail was nice and at least it was at the bottom of the trail.

Damn, those are some nasty crashes! I think it's funny how many of you have video! :-) My worst I do not have pictures of... but I threw myself off the Crest trail down about 25 feet of rocky slope. My bike continued on for another 25 feet or so before getting stopped by a downed tree. I just remember seeing my bike, still attached to my feet up over my head at one point, then all came tumbling down. Was pretty shaken up, had some very ugly gashes, bike wouldn't roll... fixed myself and my bike out and rode, very slowly, out. Pretty ugly.

Sundance was another good crash... just flyin' down (well, flyin' for me!) and I guess I just went up on a loose edge and BAM! down I went - hip onto rock. Dang, that hurt. Here's the result:

Name:  DSC01120..JPG
Views: 2463
Size:  14.1 KB
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Ouch! Red

I remember that bruise Tree.

My last crash was in January down in St. George. Went over the handle bars, I still have a lump on my right outer thigh from that bruise that tingles when I walk and itches like MAD!!!! I just want the dam thing to go away.

I am over crashing. Really I would be very happy to never experience another crash.
    Chere'

Mark's crash on the JEM trail this year, that he'll never live down.

That is nasty, Treehugger! I don't have any video or pics of my crashes as I'm usually alone. So, if you crash in the forest and no one else see's it, did it really happen?
    My worst crash was coming down off Ridge Trail in AF Canyon on a relatively straight portion of the trail. I usually hit about 31-32 MPH on this section. I had ridden it the day before and the trail was good. Sometime between the day before and this ride a HUGE pine tree had fallen over the trail. I would guesstimate the top of the tree at about 4' high. I could not stop in time. The thought, in slow motion, going through my mind was, OK, if I hit the tree going 30, I'm dead, literally. So, I put the bike down in a 'controlled' crash along the side of the trail, in the shrubbery, stopping just short of the tree. I was bruised and scraped but otherwise seemed to be OK. It wasn't until I got home when my knee starting hurting. Ended up I had torn the meniscus and had to have surgery. Painful recovery.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger View Post
    threw myself off the Crest trail down about 25 feet of rocky slope. My bike continued on for another 25 feet or so before getting stopped by a downed tree.
    Been there, done that, with no pics on the Ephraim's Cutoff Trail up here. Sat there all cut up and bleeding and couldn't stop thinking "I bet I bent that d@mn derailleur hanger again!"

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    if you crash in the forest and no one else see's it, did it really happen?
    That depends on how expensive the repairs were.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

I'm absolutely positive Sombeech started this thread for me, thanks buddy. Behold:

If you want more info, see this blog post.

Quote Originally Posted by KanyonKris View Post
    I'm absolutely positive Sombeech started this thread for me, thanks buddy. Behold:
    I bet your glad you had gloves on. Beech did that once on Gooseberry. He slapped the rock really hard with his hands.

High Fivin' the rock

Horsethief Bench in Fruita
    Name:  CIMG0316..jpg
Views: 1334
Size:  149.6 KB

Slickrock
    Name:  IMG_5115..jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  91.6 KB

Porcupine Rim
    Name:  moab 08 qas pics &#48.jpg
Views: 3347
Size:  72.6 KB
    Notice our apathy as we all stand around watching......he was ok by the way.
    Name:  moab 08 qas pics &#48.jpg
Views: 1270
Size:  107.8 KB

Proving rim brakes are adequate
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gene

Another crash that has been on a tape for a few yrs. Didn't want anyone to see me go down....

It seems this little drop on the bartlet wash trail in Moab has seen many people go down. That sand will get you if you don't have enough speed and even if you do.

Bump, what happened to this thread?

I know you guys are sick of this video by now but I must contribute to the thread.

Nothing spectacular, but a little winter entertainment nonetheless:

Unfortunately, the guy in the very back of this photo doing the superman over the slippery log happens to be me....

bump, time for @Iceaxe to add his here. Not sure if I can take the gruesome one but maybe the stitches one

Nothing like iceaxe leg, but my most recent fall. My pride was hurt worse than my leg. I put some new 1.95 tires on my bike they had way to much air. Plus I've never ridden that skinny of a tire before. Anyways crashed in one of the easy spots on bobsled this tues. My tire just got sucked up in the gravel and threw me off the bike. The worst part is there was chick not to far behind me that saw me laying in the dirt on the side of the trail. She looked at me like "how did you crash here" & then asked if I was ok. I had my helmet cam on at the time and will post that soon.

After ride

At work next day, man it iches

19. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSpecialized View Post
    The worst part is there was chick not to far behind me that saw me laying in the dirt on the side of the trail. She looked at me like "how did you crash here" & then asked if I was ok. I had my helmet cam on at the time and will post that soon.
    Ouch dude. Where is the footage?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpecialized View Post
    She looked at me like "how did you crash here"

Hey I ended up in the hospital from crashing on a dirt road.

Finally the footage of the crash on bobsled. It's one that I just scratch my head.....Don't know how I wrecked. As you can see in the video, I blame it on the tires.....couldn't be my riding of course.....

23. Likes blueeyes liked this post