Thread: Mad Anthony Wayne Cyclocross in Detroit;

Mad Anthony Wayne Cyclocross in Detroit;

Not sure if you guys are into Cyclocross but in the midwest and Michigan areas its huge and growing fast. This past weekend we had the Mad Anthony Cyclocross Classic at Historic Fort Wayne in Detroit.

Here is a video to see what its like racing Cyclocross in the barriers of an old civil war fort.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hNu4_yoqLo
    When the goin' get tough, put your shoulder to the wheel or just Beat the train
    www.Beatthetrain.com

www.myspace.com/Beatthetrain

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Actually, cyclocross is pretty big out here - there's a regular series that draws quite a few people, my husband races. Very cool video - you did an awesome job with it!!

(I'm from Ann Arbor, out here 7 years!)

Karen
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I guess the lack of mountains reflects the lack of "mountain" bikes. I just don't understand why you would abuse a road bike like that. Of course I never understood the skiing and shooting mix in biathlons either, but lots of people are into it.
    Outside is the best side

Actually, they're cyclocross bikes... make specifically for the sport.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I love cross racing. It's a blast. I did three races last year and I've done one of them this year. I'm going to hit the race on Halloween at Wheeler Farm and hopefully a couple more of them before the end of the season.

It is a good time.

Cyclocross started with old road bikes that used larger tires and were built to take the abuse of cobblestones and washboarded dirt roads. My cross bike can take almost as much abuse as my mountain bikes.

Anyhow, there was one race scheduled for Logan last year that I had on my calendar but it got cancelled. I believe it was due to issues with the course. The Weber Fairgrounds and Fort Buenaventura are about as far as I'll go until I move up to 45+B's. That is, IF I'm able to move up from 35+C's.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...