Thread: Hacker???

Hacker???

I just got an email from "admin@bogley.com" about a new pm that has arived
    that said this

You have a new message at: http://uutahcom.ipower.com/forum/pri...p?folder=inbox

When you click it, it takes you to a bogley spoof site. Watch out it did get me. I didn't even look at the web address when I got to it everything was old and I couldn't figure out what was going on untill I noticed the url was not right.

I have since changed passwords.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I got the same message but checked to see if I had any PM's before clicking the link.

Same.

Someone has definitely hacked into the DB and got all our email addresses. Interested to find out what info they actually wanted.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

I wondered about that. I got the email but instead of clicking on it (I was driving) I waiting until I got to work to log into Bogley and read my PM. There was nothing so I thought maybe my email was late getting to me from a previous PM.

The email I got is from admin@bogley.com and directs me to the same site listed above.

Me too. But I noticed the Christmas lights on the bogley symbol, checked the URL, and bailed.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Got to be iceaxe.

Damit Shane stop doing this stuff

j/k

Thanks for the heads up. Haven't seen the email yet in my inbox but I'll make sure to delete it.

I got the same thing.... It's not a spoof site.... it's an old copy of "uutah" stored somewhere. The reason I know this is there were old PM's in the database. So it looks to me as if someone was able to send a PM to everyone in an old uutah database that is stored somewhere. Here was the link I recieved.... ipower is our old host and uutah is the old forum name.

Code:
    http://uutahcom.ipower.com/forum/privmsg.php?folder=inbox
    I'm guessing the way this was done is nothing was "stolen"... but someone figured out a way to send a mass PM to everyone in the old database.

But we'll sic beech on them and they will be sorry.

FYI: if you just type in http://uutahcom.ipower.com/forum it takes you to and old copy of Bogley that is still on the web somewhere.... It would probably be a good idea if Acca or beech deleted this old copy...

Heh. Sorry about the emails. Strangely enough I didn't get the email in either my personal email or the admin email.

This is on our development server and it just has a bunch of old info. If you look at the content it looks like spambots are running wild. I have already changed the PW and I will wipe these jokers out of the database and I will get in there and fix it permanently. Sorry for the inconvenience... one again, if you don't recognize a link then you should never click on it.

They got you!

I just redirected the dev server (the url listed above) to bogley.com/forum/ until I get the database refreshed.

I got the message too. I thought I finally had a friend....
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    I got the message too. I thought I finally had a friend....