Thread: How did opening day go for you?

How did opening day go for you?

I got a spike. Quite large for a spike, but a spike none the less. Still that's good meat for the winter. No one else in my group got one on opening day, but they stayed up and I came home with the deer, so they may have done better today.

How about it? Anyone else get one? Tell us about it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I don't have a picture of my spike. A friend took a picture of me with it, but he's still out there hunting. But you're right. A picture would be good.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Went canyoneering on Friday before the hunters got out. Saw a couple bucks (small rack). Kept telling them you better hide before they find you.
    2 years ago went canyoneering in the same spot and the place was swarming with hunters. So it these bucks didn't hide or wander into the park . . .

Opener on the Blue Mountain was slow, we hunted high and low for 4.5 days and saw nothing but bunches of does and fawns.

Today Wednesday after hunting all morning around the canyon rims we headed north to hunt higher country. Right at 12 noon we ran into a couple of ok bucks, I took one and my nephew took the other, both perfect one shot kills.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

The muzzleloader season down on the Boulder was a riot this year lots of shots but no kills. But low and behold I was able to redeem myself this rifle season. The opener was full of lots of does, small two points, and spikes but nothing I really cared to take a crack at. Sunday morning when I thought my hunt was over about mid morning I ran into this buck. A big bodied 3x4. A clean shot right through the jugular, the way I like it they bleed themselves out and no damage to that great organic meat. I'm really liking the new savage .308 law enforcement sniper rifle.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

That picture of your little girl holding the deer was really cute.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

nice bucks, fellas. So Don, a deer rug, huh? I don't think I've seen one of those. Will you hang it up or actually put it on the floor?

Okay. I'm posting the picture of the smallest deer here, but it was my first hunt in the last 8 years, and I probably hadn't had any venison for even longer, so I got some meat for the freezer. Anyway, here's the pic.