Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Southern Utah Wanderings

Since my plans had changed, it was time to finally checkout the Colorado River Overlook trail within Canyonlands that had always seemed to be closed due to weather every time I had tried before. Lucky for me it was open today. This trail started out as a fun sandy two track but got bumpier the closer I got to the overlook at the end.

View from the overlook

After hiking out to the overlook at the end of the trail, I started my way back. I had noticed there was an intersection on my way out to the overlook and consulted my map. It appeared this road would take me back to the highway just outside of Canyonlands boundary, so I decided to give it a try. It was a fun sandy two-track much of the way back. By the time I reached the highway again, I knew I was ready to head home for a nice relaxing weekend.

I hopped on US 191, headed through Moab without even stopping (unusual for me) and took the scenic UT 128 back to the interstate. I was home by 7pm and had had a great trip this last week. Amanda was surprised and happy when I walked through the door two days early :) We had a nice relaxing weekend at home before I had to go back to work on Monday.

Ending Odometer: 145280 | Total Miles: 338
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Always love you TR's .... take me with you next time

Great TR!
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

Thanks for sharing. I would love to see a map with your entire route plotted out.

James

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    Thanks for sharing. I would love to see a map with your entire route plotted out.

James
    I've got GPX tracks of it all....I just need to find the time to go through them all. When I do, I could post an image of it here :)
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Very nice, thanks for sharing.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Great TR...thanks for taking the time to put that together. I had a chance to go down the Cottonwood Wash road and then back via Johnson Canyon via the Skutahpah (Johnson road) and loved that country. Your TR gives me ideas for next year.