Thread: Cowboy Ridge

Cowboy Ridge

We'd been eyeballing this one for some time. What an aesthetically pleasing feature, both when driving to Zion and also from the town of Springdale. Plans put Andy, Bert, Dave, Lyle and myself beginning up the hill on Serendipity Lane at 7:30 AM. Around 2 hours later we were at the base of the ridge and making our way onto the rock. WoW! This route has a smathering of it all! From chimneys to exposed traverses to 5.8 splitter cracks; what a day of climbing it was. The routefinding is a joy, granted it's a pretty limited area to pick out routes! Each step higher the views just become more and more impressive. We did find 3 anchors on our way up, apparently to rap the route? We made the summit (False Kinesava Summit to the south-east of Kinesava) around 4PM? Tired and not without battlescars, we celebrated with some high-fives, a bit of food and decided that we should begin the descent soon as not to be be-nighted. Arriving back at the vehicle at 7:30PM and not needing headlamps was welcome. Next to Oscars for a Murder Burger. Dang....holiday weekend! 20 minute wait, so up to the Pizza/Noodle for the good ole Tai Chicken Pizza! Saw Cirrus2000 there (Kev) and discussed his itinerary this week in Zion! Sounds like a pretty full platter Kev!

Should have some pictures of our Climb up Cowboy Ridge sometime today and I'll post them!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    sounds fun

I need to move down there permently so I can get out on this stuff more

Some pictures as we progressed and then summited and then descended.
    Attached Images Attached Images                                  

Excellent! Looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Excellent! Looks nice.
    It certainly was a beautiful day, super fun route and especially superb camraderie! This particular group of friends has gotten out together several times, and we seem to really click! Wish I could join Andy, Courtney, Kip and others tomorrow as they will be adventuring around the Moab area for the next few days! Oh well.....I'm anxious to read of their adventures soon

Hoping to get together with others soon for some more awesome great times!

Congrats to Deeps, and Deathcricket on a sucessful Englestead recently!

I bet the weather is great down there right now Bo. It is really nice here in SLC. Gotta get outdoors.

Bogley BigShot
    Awesome Bo! Found this looking for things that begin at Chinle!~ Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by tanya View Post
    Awesome Bo! Found this looking for things that begin at Chinle!~ Nice one!
    It was a fun "hike" Tanya. You would have enjoyed this one. Very photogenic, aesthetic trip for sure. The new map I created for our website includes this route on it. I guess I ought to write it up to put up on the website?!

Oh yeah...Andy is back and officially retired now and we were talking about the East Temple yesterday. I figure April/Mayish should be the time? Hope you'll join in on the fun?! After talking to Buzz Burrell here in the store a couple weeks ago, he pretty much gave me the correct beta on the way he has done it. Pretty straightforward I think!

Bogley BigShot
    You should! Would love to put it on there! Which one did Buzz do?

Quote Originally Posted by tanya View Post
    You should! Would love to put it on there! Which one did Buzz do?
    He did a quick run (and I have no doubt that it was quick!) up Cowboy Ridge! That guy is an animal at almost 60 Y.O.! You ought to read his Bio Tanya?!

http://www.usatf.org/athletes/bios/M...rrell_Buzz.asp

Bogley BigShot
    Talked to him a bit before and he talked about having 5 surgeries recently. I had also seen his blog before on his cross Zion run. I agree, he is an animal! I will check out his bio. I read his post on our Zion yahoo group often too and he is a FB friend, but just recently. Amazing man.