Thread: Where to put some $$$

Where to put some $$$

Time for my yearly IRA contribution..... anyone have any thoughts (good or bad) on stocks or mutual funds they would like to discuss?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I tend to be a contrarian and would start by looking at which industries are going to end up oversold following the supposed health care reforms.

Imagine what sort of return you could've gotten betting on the banks we bailed out: Bank of America still down over the past 12 months but up 350% since March.

I wish I'd had the balls to send more in that direction.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I was just on my E*Trade fund, and I'm up 38%. I only have one fund that I'm investing in. I believe its the Wells Fargo Municipal fund. It's doing quite well and is seeing on average +9% return annually (even this past year).

Otherwise, I'm invested in ADP, ORCL, MCAFEE and a few others. All of them are doing quite well.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Time for my yearly IRA contribution..... anyone have any thoughts (good or bad) on stocks or mutual funds they would like to discuss?
    Good question. I wonder the same thing.

The stock market has proven pretty risky and most of us are poorer than we were a couple of years ago. I'm still buying stocks in hope that they will go up eventually. Some are skyrocketing right now, but who knows if it will last.

Besides stocks.....

Banks and credit unions aren't paying jack for interest any more.

Most CD's have a lower rate than you would lose to inflation.

Real estate doesn't seem to be a good place to money right now.

The only thing I can think of is to diversify and not put all your eggs in one basket.

I should have kept my gold stocks. They would have been four times higher than the price was when I had them. :evil:

With the price so high, I'm kind of afraid to buy gold now unless the dollar is desined to crash in which case we're screwed anyway.

Saving money isn't so easy anymore.

Just matching the market your stocks would be up 50% since March 9th.

I took my cash and stuck it into some mutual funds this morning..... and since I pulled the trigger that guarantees the market will take a major drop on Monday.

I'll hold it for you for awhile. No promises about interest or when you'll get it back but I'll put it to good use...

Back in January when chicken little was screaming about the "Next Depression" coming this summer, I got an account with TDAmeritrade and dumped all of my savings into the stock market. How could I not? Stocks were at 20 year lows, and I knew they would bounce back. I bought shares individually with the following companies:

Ford @ 2.58/share
    E*Trade @ 1.41/share
    Textron @ 6.51/share (What a STEAL!!)
    Citigroup @ 1.31/share
    Allied Irish Banks @ 2.49/share
    Alcoa Aluminum @ 6.30/share

...and a few other speculative stocks.

Since January I've gained over $3000 bucks. "Next Depression"......
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum