Thread: fairweathered INVITE - Snowbasin - Wheeler

fairweathered INVITE - Snowbasin - Wheeler

If the weather cooperates, we'll be hitting this again maaaaaaybe Wednesday the 7th. We'll meet as early as we can so we can try for 2 rides (shuttle) at the Wheeler Creek Canyon trailhead across from Pineview Dam.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18798

Forecast is saying sunny, but only 58.

There still may be snow/mud on the trail which isn't appealing while trying to fly down a trail.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

As you could see it's an awesome ride. We'll definately hit it again, hopefully wed.

Count me in on this one...I will follow up and watch this closely! What about if we start early enough we start at greens pond and then go down from there? Then you can ride through all the resorts good colors and some great downhill to add to the mix

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Hey Tyler, so are you thinking Green Ponds, then going down from there? Or climbing up from Green Ponds to the snowbasin parking lot?

I guess it all depends on the time. I've gotta say though, from the parking lot, down to the Coldwater fork, then straight down from there was pretty sweet.

We've even thought about the same shuttle location, but heading up coldwater canyon to the lookout, and then going down alllllll that singletrack. That would be one awesome night.

Here's the coldwater trail fyi:
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17592

I'm thinking Wednesday will be the best day this week. Temps should be close to 60.

What's everybody's opinion on time? How many of us could make it to the bottom of Wheeler by 4:30?

If you can't, maybe you can meet up with us after we get the first run in. I'd think we'll be back to the bottom of Wheeler at @ 6:00 for the next run.

Dang snow.... Still waiting to see how Wednesday will go. I'm just not sure how slick it will be if there's a little white up there.

Thursday looks even better?

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Thursdays out for me, but wednesdays good. If it's too wet there's always East Bench.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    What are we doing? Tonight? Time? Where? I need to ride.l

I would like to join this ride if it happens today. Not knowing the area very well I could use some directions.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Ok well I am leaving work in an hour. So this is my plan unless Beech texts me and tells me otherwise. I am going to be at the bottom of Wheeler Canyon at 4:30PM I will wait for about 15 min after arriving. If I don't hear anything I am riding up Wheeler and back down Icebox.

Luce the bottom of Wheeler Canyon is up Ogden Canyon. Take the 12th street exit off of I-15 follow it all the way up to the dam. Just before the dam on the right hand side of the road will be a pull out. My little green Subaru will be parked there.

As per Justin (Somebeech) it looks as if the snow level may still be to high for Snowbasin today, so we're thinking rainbow gardens at 5:00pm and doing the East Bench (Shoreline) tonight and Snowbasin next wed.

Call Justin @ 801-668-2232 for an update!

hey guys, sorry, i've been in training all day.

That snowline just isn't rising at all. It looks like next week will be in the 70's. How about we meet at Rainbow Gardens today at 5:00? (on 12th street, mouth of the canyon)

call me at 801 668 2232. hopefully i'm not too late on posting this