Thread: Switching to Comcast - True Cost???

Switching to Comcast - True Cost???

OK, so we're on Qwest currently. I've played the Comcast to Qwest to Comcast to Qwest game many times.

Right now I'm being quoted $52.95 for internet and phone - WE DON'T WANT TV.

That includes a free install because I'm a returning customer, and $3 per month for modem rental.

Other than @ 7% tax.... what other fees should I expect? I've got 2 weeks to call of the installation.

If it's $20 in fees that I wasn't clearly told about, I'm canceling. I know Comcast is better than Qwest but my main priority right now is to save money.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I wish I had that choice. We are in the booneys and have everything, and I do mean everything bundled through Qwest. Several hundred dollars a month good luck bro

I switched to Quest after my high speed internet with Comcast bill reached around $60. It was nice to have Comcast for the first six months when the promotional fee was $29.99 or $39.99, but then it went up to $49.99. I called to complain that customers who have cable and internet pay a lower fee and they said that it is because their connection speed is 5 or 10 mb/s whereas mine is 15 mb/s and I cannot pick a lower option on an internet-only plan. About a year later, when I eventually decided to switch to Quest and called Comcast to inform them of my decision, they changed their tune and said that I could downgrade to 5 mb/s. That's bad treatment of customers if you ask me.

My quest bill now combines DLS and my Verizon Wireless charges (including unlimited internet) and it comes up to about $87.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Yeah, I asked him repeatedly what the total cost was before tax and it was the $52.95. So I guess I'll just call Comcast and try to get an idea from them.

And when I call Qwest and they make desperate moves/discounts/packages to keep me, I'll tell them they should have done that all along, not out of desperation. I just haven't been happy with Qwest's customer service.

I'm not in front of my bills right now but I have the 10mbps connection down here in STG and my bill comes to $49 each month total. But I don't have the phone just the fastest connection. I think you should expect $10-$13 in extra expenses. like taxes fees and whatnot. So my prediction for your actual total bill will be $64.95. My psychic impulses have been way off lately though.

Your safety is not my responsibility.