Thread: Snowbasin

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

Snowbasin

Saturday I get a text from a friend in SL he tells he and some friends are mtn biking at SNB Sunday and wanted to know if I would like to join them. Sadly I was babysitting my nieces and nephew. I was green with envy!!!! One of my goals this year was to spend a little cash and cheat.

After having 4 girls and 3 boys in the house Saturday night, making breakfast for the crew, cleaning house and taking them to the park Sunday morning. They were ALL gone by 11AM.

What no kids???? Are you kidding me this never happens. I scrambled to get my bike gear together loaded and out the door. Called Mike and sure enough they were there and didn't plan on leaving until 4 or 5PM. LUCKY ME!!!!

I was worried I would just slow these guys down. Snowbasin is so rocky and I have crashed and burned up there many time as I was riding up from Green Pond and back down. However I had a great day. Not a bruise, scratch or bump and I kept up.

I have not rode the upper trails at SNB since last year. I struggled with making the switch backs and in general just keeping my balance. These trails are why I WILL NOT wear clipless shoes. I just tip over. Sunday I know it was all downhill but I made every switchback except 2 and over any of the other obstacles with no problem. I was able to get two runs in.

All in all it was an excellent day of riding. And now I know the exact trail I will ride to make it all the way to the top starting from Green Pond.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Please tell me you didn't ride a ski lift to ride uphill????
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    No silly!!! All downhill. I just have ridden these trails in the past uphill and struggled horribly with them. Downhill much easier I like cheating.

Pretty much I have rode every trail at SNB with the exception of trail #3, John Paul Trail and Strawberry Trail.