Thread: Camera Bag ???

Camera Bag ???

What is everyone using for a camera bag. I'm not looking to spend big bucks if I don't have to. I have a never-ready that sits in a backpack. It's really a hassle to get to the camera. What are you using and how do you like it?
    Thanks
    Peter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

chest mounted harness. i don't like it, but it is the only way to carry an slr and have it ready at a moments notice.

I Love my Mountainsmith Borealis AT - But its not really a hiking bag.
    http://www.backcountry.com/outdoorge...102&mv_pc=r126

For hiking I use a SLR holster bag. Rather then using a strap or a harness I use a biner to clip it on to the should strap of my pack near my hip. This way I can slide it up the strap for easy access.

I'm thinking a chest harness, what brand do use, Dan? Right now I just use an Optech strap and try to be careful, which doesn't always work.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

If it's just for hiking, Abby and I have had great luck with our Domke photo vests. I particularly like that we can hang our two-way radios on a metal hook in front of the left shoulder of the vest, so we can just push the button and talk to each other. The vest has about 18 pockets, so we can carry water, med kit, compass, rain gear, food, lenses, cards, batteries, etc...

I have a LowePro Slingshot AW200 which I've beat the crap out of for a few years. The only thing that sucks is it only has one strap and if you go for a decent size hike, your shoulder can hurt. They have bigger and smaller sizes as well.

I also have the Kata 3N1-20 which is a sling but also has a strap on the other shoulder for a backpack mode. I recently wore it on a 27 miler and it worked well. I've found that the slings are pretty quick but obviously having the camera on your chest is quicker.

Tom

I have a Canon shoulder bag. I rarely pack it all though, because my 35 mm stuff is just too heavy. So I take the camera and the lens that is on it, stuff some film in my day pack and head up. Yes, I'm still in the dark ages when it comes to higher end cameras. Still have the Pentax ME-Super, but one of these days I'll get a digital SLR, just waiting for the house to be paid off in 3 years. I usually also take the digital Oly D580 along. I take most of my pics with that now.