Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BYU Wins!

BYU Wins!

Way to go Cougs. Some good play and some bad. Bradford's injury was probably the biggest factor. But at least BYU finally stepped up and handled the pressure at the end (except for the dang kicker at the end).
    The gostak distims the doshes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: BYU Wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhaha
    Bradford's injury was probably the biggest factor.

I disagree. They played toe-to-toe with OK even with Bradford in the game. BYU is gonna be tough to beat this year.

It was a great win for not only BYU but for the Mountain West Conf. With the U, the Y and SMU all in the same conference, the Mountain West has gotta get some well deserved credibility this year.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

The D did play well. The person I would hate to be right now...#70 on Oklahoma's offensive line. How many penalties did he commit?
    The gostak distims the doshes.

BYU's defense has never looked better. That was a great game. If BYU could have gotten things together in the first half for Offense then BYU would have blown them away. It was a well fought match and a great game.

It is always impressive when a 20th ranked team (or unranked) beats a #3 ranked team.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Not a BYU fan, but all credit to them.

It was not Bradford going out that killed OU. They didn't do much with him in the game, 10 points and their only TD a gift with the muffed punt.

Good for the MWC...... Now beat FSU and be undefeated when the Utes come to town.....(not that the Utes will be, but it still makes that game a "Game Day" pick)......

Nope thats a lie BYU sucks
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"

Quote Originally Posted by Ride On
    Classy, I'd expect nothing less

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar

That's what BYU needs to be a top team.

I always root for BYU & Utah to go undefeated. That way the Utes win gets them into a top Bowl Game.

Giving credit, nice game Zoobies

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    With the U, the Y and SMU all in the same conference, the Mountain West has gotta get some well deserved credibility this year.
    When did SMU join the mountain. And I'd disagree with SMU giving credibility. SMU football hasn't been good ever since they served the only NCAA death penalty rule violation.

IMHO TCU who finished in the top 10 last year gives credibility to the MWC.

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner

When did SMU join the mountain. And I'd disagree with SMU giving credibility. SMU football hasn't been good ever since they served the only NCAA death penalty rule violation.

IMHO TCU who finished in the top 10 last year gives credibility to the MWC.

Woops! I meant TCU. TCU was actually ranked higher than the U and the Y by many preseason pundits.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Florida State lost to Miami tonight....would have been nice for BYU if Florida State didn't lose until they came to Provo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride On
    Classy, I'd expect nothing less
    BYU fan or not its a great win for the conference.

Great win. Shocker.

I am going to jump on the wagon with the rest of the BYU fans and say that they are going to run the table and bust up the BSC. Then they will be voted national champions.

Impressive win for the Cougars.

Kudo's....

Only problem with a win like that is you wake up in the morning and you are still a Cougar....

Big cougar fan, don't get me wrong, but I am more inclinded to believe that OU was WAY overrated. That team always lays a golden egg when it matters. Anyhow, the big interest for me is the teams they play that they should massacre. Those are the ones that for some reason BYU struggles with.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe

Kudo's....

Only problem with a win like that is you wake up in the morning and you are still a Cougar....

I'll take that over going undefeated and waking up to find out you're still only 2nd best. Silly Yewt

Iceaxe wrote:

Kudo's....

I'll take that over going undefeated and waking up to find out you're still only 2nd best. Silly Yewt
    Going undefeated is much better than getting one win.

Let's see if the Coug's can do it 12 more times in a row.... that would be impressive...

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    That team always lays a golden egg when it matters.
    True. OU is the new Ohio State U

Quote Originally Posted by uintahiker
    Iceaxe wrote:

Kudo's....

Going undefeated is much better than getting one win.
    Winning a National Championship is much better than getting 2nd place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25
    Winning a National Championship is much better than getting 2nd place.
    So.... are you saying the Coug's are going to win the Mythical National Championship this year? Or are you still living in 1984?

Heck.... I'm probably one of the few members of Bogley who is even old enough to remember BYU's Mythical National Championship ( I was 24).

And let's get real.... until it's settled on the field of battle anyone claiming anything other than a Mythical National Championship is dreaming or delusional... probably both.......