Thread: Labor Day Weekend Plans??

Labor Day Weekend Plans??

Summer is almost over! What do ya'll have planned for the last holiday weekend of summer?

As mentioned in another thread. A few of us are headed to San Diego to watch AC/DC kick ass and do some surfing/beach watching.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Heading up to Island Park and Yellowstone to see the family, hike a bit, bike a bit, and whatever else sounds good at the time.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

I might just get in a car and drive Or I might just drink. Any parties out there this weekend? I got some awesome Polish alcohol at home
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Doing Park City. Hopefully its doing me back.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    plans for this weekend all shot to hell

have to come up with plan B maybe BBQ with friends, maybe go to the Zoo

Remodeling the house, Paint, move walls, etc

Wish I was going wheeling or camping instead
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Seems pretty likely I'll be going to Moab with an Army buddy. Hope to meet up with Alison; it's her turn to drunk-nekked bike ride through camp!

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes
    have to come up with plan B maybe BBQ with friends, maybe go to the Zoo
    Welcome to jump in the car with me. Fill up the tank once, fix one of the 4-5 meals, crash in the dormer, ... Labor Day at the cabin is a dirt cheap weekend out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    it's her turn to drunk-nekked bike ride through camp!
    I still have an incriminating and as yet unposted photo. If only you were a congressman or somebody respectable. Maybe then I could resort to blackmail.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I will probably end up working and hike Lone Peak Wilderness on Sunday.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

it will be the only weekend I don't have anything planned...except for an eye doctor appt
    ...but I wanna see some pictures of Alison biking nekkid

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Thanks for the invite Cache

Kids came up with plan B.

We wanted to go to Ft Bridger for the rendevou but money is tight and gas is expensive. They read in the paper that Ft. Buenaventura is having their rendevou this weekend so Sat rendevou. Sun BBQ with neighbors Monday SLEEP IN!!!!!! Maybe not maybe early morning bike ride.

Heading out in a few hours to bow hunt elk

I figure on riding my cross bike up the dirt road to Cave Falls on Sunday before driving back on Monday myself. I might do the Mesa Falls loop or tool around on the fire roads with the mountain bike too. Maybe I need to load two bikes up on the Forester after all.

Lord knows I'll need to get away from my parents and the incessant home improvement advice for at least a few hours. One can only get a few things done every year but I'm sure I'll get enough recommendations to last me well into retirement.

What do you do?

We're actually heading to Denver this weekend...no Jeep (well, maybe on Monday)
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Either climb a mountain with my son,

Or go to one of the Rendezvous...... After all, that is why my name is MTNMAN....
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

How was traffic for everyone? How did your trip or activities go?

Moab was fun. Sucks being back at work today.
    Price canyon yesterday afternoon was busy but not backed up. There was one spot where two lanes merged into one that was slow. I-15 between Spanish Fork and American Fork at about 5pm sucked though. Slow the whole way. Didn't see any accidents just lots of idiots, err, people on the road.

I spent the afternoons cutting and splitting firewood and went down by the lake to read when I got sick of watching tv every night.

Sometimes I wonder why I pick holiday weekends to visit the family when it never seems to end up being a holiday weekend. I went with the intention of riding up to Cave Falls on Sunday but Mom and Dad always have a list of chores they need help with.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I finally finished my boy's tree fort (not really IN a tree) by water proofing, camo'ing and finishing the electricity and air conditioning.

We did get out Sunday and hiked 5 miles up Lone Peak Wilderness (Dry Creek). HOT coming back down, but everyone was winded in a great way. Even our dog slept the remainder of the day..

Spent the remaining weekend changing oil in the RV, ATV's and generators in preparation for our camping trip next weekend.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

From the time we got on I-80 out of SLC it was bumper to bumper traffic...all the way to Evanston, WY...good thing we were heading east!