Thread: DMB not going to happen...again.

DMB not going to happen...again.

I almost posted this under the Live Music, Food....Hemp heading.

Dave send out a tweet last night saying his voice is f*cked, the interweb went crazy with rumors this morning and now it's official; the Dave Matthews Band concert scheduled for tonight at USANA is not going to happen.
    They're saying postphoned but no new date has been given. It's too early to expect one though.
    From USANA:
    [i][b]September 1st USANA Amphitheatre Performance Postponed
    Regretfully, the September 1st performance at USANA Amphitheatre in West Valley City, UT has been postponed due to doctor-diagnosed strain on Dave Matthews

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Damn - that sucks. I know you were excited about the show. Here's hoping they do reschedule...

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    that is the shits

This happened in the 90's with Ozzy cancelling a couple of times in a row. I decided I was never going to see him in concert after that. I had the tickets in hand both times....

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    This happened in the 90's with Ozzy cancelling a couple of times in a row. I decided I was never going to see him in concert after that. I had the tickets in hand both times....
    Probably didn't miss much. His head and voice were shot after the 80s. However......Zakk Wilde would have been fun to watch live. BLS is good - but the Ozzy stuff is so much better.

Damn...........huge bummer. Sorry to hear!!!! I know how much you LUB him.

Dave Mathews sucks! You should be happy you were spared from that unorginal and uninspired sound.

"Sat-ta-laaaaaaaaaaate in the sky. Like a diamond, sat-ta-laaaaaaaaaaate..."

James

Its ok they suck balls very un-metal they don't even have one good song
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"

That sucks, Don. Kind of like Pearl Jam screwing us in the late 90's.

Aw, Eddie has a tummy ache. Boo fluckin Hoo.

I'm not too impressed with the USANA though. The sound quality is nowhere near what a real amphitheater should be. The E Center would be a much better venue for a full sounding band like DMB.

Hopefully they'll get you a new date, although I'm sure they'll half-ass it if they do since it's not part of the original rotation.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Quote Originally Posted by LOAH
    That sucks, Don. Kind of like Pearl Jam screwing us in the late 90's.

Aw, Eddie has a tummy ache. Boo fluckin Hoo.

I'm not too impressed with the USANA though. The sound quality is nowhere near what a real amphitheater should be. The E Center would be a much better venue for a full sounding band like DMB.

Hopefully they'll get you a new date, although I'm sure they'll half-ass it if they do since it's not part of the original rotation.
    I love DMB but I doubt I would see them at the E center. I hate the E center. Indoor stadium size concerts just suck. The only good indoor venue is tiny; a bar or a frat house. Big one's just never sound right.
    I'm sure Dave has vocal issues, he didn't sound all that well last weekend at the Outside Lands music fest (you tube) but it was a business decision: blow off a tuesday show in a crappy little town that didn't even sell out in order to give Dave some rest and have this weekend's show at the Gorge be up to par. That's the really money maker anyway.
    I doubt they'll reschedule this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride On
    Its ok they suck balls very un-metal they don't even have one good song
    You obviously dont know what you ware talking about, DM is one hell of a musician and he puts on a great live show. He also pre-releases albums for FREE and makes most of his money by touring (they way it should be). If I recall the most profitable band of all time is the greatfull dead who toured for 20+ years.
    Most new bands these days could not preform their way out of a wet paper sack so they rely on studio album sales and legal music downloads... hence their hard line policies towards piracy.

As for the show canceling that sucks I was looking forward to going mostly due to the fact that my brother works for the venue and I can just waltz right in :)

BTW - currently rocking out at work to Sepultura Roots.