Thread: Pine Creek

Pine Creek

Headed to Zion on Tues and Wed. Anyone do Pine Creek this weekend? Much water?

Thanks
    Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I am planning on doing it tomorrow, Monday. I will try and post water levels after I get out.

I made it into Pine Creek this morning. I had a great time and didn't see a soul from the time I left the parking lot until I got to the switchback at the bottom. I even remember a time where we had complete silence, no cars in the tunnel, no aircraft overhead, and no voices in the wind. I really enjoyed it and remembered why I love this place. Not that I didn't have a great time every other time I have done this hike but it reminds you that every time you do the canyon again it can be a different trip than the last. There was very little water in the canyon. We ran into five or six (I'm bad with numbers) places where it was thigh deep and one short swim to get out of the cathedral, not a swimming disconnect but after we pulled the rope we had to swim out of the cathedral for about 8-10 feet distance. We had all sorts in our group as far as wetsuits go. Everyone was fine but the one without the wetsuit got a little chilly after the last rappel while we sat around and ate lunch, easily avoidable if we just kept going and ate in the sun. I hope you have a great time tomorrow.