Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October Lunch / Dinner

October Lunch / Dinner

Looks like my next Utah trip is entering the planning stages! In October, I plan to spend close to a couple of weeks, concentrating initially on Zion, then perhaps a few days in the Moab area.

What this means is that I expect to be through the greater Salt Lake area around mid-day on probably Oct 7 (or maybe 8). Anyone game for lunch? I'll be driving through, southbound on I-15. Let's see if we can set something up!

The other thought is dinner on, say, the 21st? Sushi, perhaps?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I am game for both just say when and where.

Abby and I are slated to be in the vicinity of Moab/Monticello for the week of Monday, October 19. No firm plans yet, except hiking a few dog-friendly trails and maybe going up to Delicate Arch for sunrise or sunset (with the dogs left at the motel.) We would love to grab a bite or hit the trail with any and all Bogleyites.

The 19th or 21st work for me at the moment. The 8th would be a maybe...

Kev, just say where and I'll be there.

James

Emailed back Kev. Hope to get some sushi and some canyons with you. Be in touch!

I plan on going to Moab to hook up with both Richard and Kev. I can't wait. I am also down for a dinner or lunch in the SLC area.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Excellent, y'all! I'll firm things up as it gets closer!

Richard, sounds like we can do an overlap for the 19-21 around the Moab area. I think that will work well!

Looking forward to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Richard, sounds like we can do an overlap for the 19-21 around the Moab area.
    Darn. I am still in for lunch, but I can't make Moab on those dates.

I will still try and hook up with you in Moab, Richard. If you are around on a weekend (I can do a Friday, Saturday, Sunday trip).

Your doing Zion the 8th through a date to be determined? Where will you be the next weekend; the 16th through the 18th?
    I may have a conflict on the 10th, but would love to do some canyons with you...

I'll just keep watching this thread unfold and then can hopefully plug myself in somewhere during your visit.

Bogley BigShot
    I can get with you when you are in the Zion area, but not driving to SLC for dinner.

Just want to confirm these dates - the ones I posted at first are looking like when I'll be passing through.

So: Oct 7 lunch? (Sorry Acca, 8th is too late for me.) Where are folks located? Is there something central that would work well for everyone interested? I've been looking at a map, and everything's so spread out (based on where I think you're all located/working.) Any ideas/suggestions?

October 21, on my way back north... I was thinking maybe dinner someplace that anyone would be happy to go - middle of the road, not too crazy. It could be followed up by revelry and wild abandon as the evening wears on.

I really like the idea of getting someone like James and DiscGo in the same room at the same time. You know how they talked about how the Large Hadron Collider could create a mini black hole that could swallow up the earth? I think it would be something like that.

Thoughts anyone? Anyone else interested in joining in?

Tanya, I'll be in touch about getting together down south!

I'm with Alison - just name some dates for SLC and I'll be coming! .......................oh crap...I just reread and saw oct 7th. I'm working all this next week and off fri,sat and sun for our next park builders' weekend. I'm tied up dude(dammit)

OK, lunch with somebody this Wednesday? DiscGo, been trying to get together with you for ages - what would work for you?

Dinner on the 21st!!!

Alison? Wade? Cher

[quote=Cirrus2000]OK, lunch with somebody this Wednesday? DiscGo, been trying to get together with you for ages - what would work for you?

Dinner on the 21st!!!

Alison? Wade? Cher

Depending on location I'd be down for lunch on the 7th...
    And of course I'm planning on the 21st. I think Josh and his GF will be there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Depending on location I'd be down for lunch on the 7th...
    And of course I'm planning on the 21st. I think Josh and his GF will be there too.
    Lunch on the 7th: Thai Village, American Fork? I know you live near there, having advertised for a roomie, but not sure where you work.

Unless there's a meltdown, work-wise, looks like DiscGo will be in. Anyone else?

Richard! Monday the 19th! Moab! I'll either already be there, or arrive that morning. I'll be around until late morning/noon on Wednesday. We'll email...

I'm excited for this lunch.