Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dooge Build Up...For You Rev.

The Dooge Build Up...For You Rev.

No pics of the lift on, the ones you see a few above were before the lift. I'm setting the truck up for sled pulling.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BAD ASS!!!!!! Man, you really got deep into this. Nice work.

How's it handle?

Also, have you considered putting locking front hubs on your rig? I hear it really extends the U-joint life and adds a couple miles/gal. Warn makes a set, but it's real pricey.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Another question: Have you changed your lift pump? I suppose you've tinkered with the fuel system....

-- Wm Blake

And another: Explain the receivers on the front. Was that a bolt-on? Of course, I swapped mine for a Ranch Hand bash grill.

-- Wm Blake

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Nice. I like the single pipe out the back. What year is your Ram?

My next project will be a 5" TBE, DPF & EGR delete and an XRT tuner..but not for another 40k miles (after my 100k warranty expires).

Tires are next up for me. Going with 35", I think..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Rev... It handles better with the 3" lift on it. The front springs are KORE and the mini pack out back are Carli's. And yes I've been thinking about replacing the hubs, but I'll probably go with SOLID's setup rather than any other. I like their design the best. My buddy just had to replace his hub and boy that didn't go too easy. PIA getting those things out. Yes, the lift pump was just changed yesterday and I went with the Air Dog 150. The receivers up front are for a weight rack for sled pulling. I took off the front tow hooks, grabbed two short receivers from Tractor Supply and then went to a buddy that owns a metal fabricating joint. He took the dimensions of the tow hook's mounting surface and made me up two plates and welded the receivers to the plates. Then I just powder coated them and bolted them in.

Brute... Mine is an 05' and thanks for the compliments. I have 35" meats on mine and they rub a bit when turning. They rubbed before the 3" lift and they still do now. I'm having a buddy make me a little longer control arms that will take care of the rubbing. Look into that Smarty programmer for your 6.7 Cummins. I love mine. And Brute, you'll like those tires. Check out that above pic, you'll see the 5.56 round molded into the sidewall as well as Sergeant's Chevrons And inside the Chevrons are the bottom of the 5.56 rounds with the primer hit

I snapped a few pics at the Hibachi place I ate at tonight. And Rev, I don't know if you caught that weight thing so I'll post a pic of that and a vid as well

JP: One day, I hope my truck will be close to the modifications on yours.

I noticed the rounds initially, but didn't think much of it, except "Where did he get tires like that?".

How did you get the rounds and chevrons into the tire?

As for tuners, I've heard great things about both the Smarty and XRT. As I understand it, Smarty (MADS) has just come out with additional 140hp tune updates. I'd like to get that setup coupled with pod mounted gauges (boost, trans temp, etc). A shop I've heard of (Rollin' Smoke Diesel) sells a kit for just over $1000 that includes the 5" TBE, EGR/Cooler delete and the Smarty.

Again, sweet rig. Do you have any heat or soot issues in the back of your truck due to the stack?

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce
    JP: One day, I hope my truck will be close to the modifications on yours.

I noticed the rounds initially, but didn't think much of it, except "Where did he get tires like that?".

How did you get the rounds and chevrons into the tire?

As for tuners, I've heard great things about both the Smarty and XRT. As I understand it, Smarty (MADS) has just come out with additional 140hp tune updates. I'd like to get that setup coupled with pod mounted gauges (boost, trans temp, etc). A shop I've heard of (Rollin' Smoke Diesel) sells a kit for just over $1000 that includes the 5" TBE, EGR/Cooler delete and the Smarty.

Again, sweet rig. Do you have any heat or soot issues in the back of your truck due to the stack?
    I have only just begun in the modification area. I also waited for the truck to be out of its warranty and now I

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    JP

That's a nice truck

I keep telling my wife I'm going to get used good running truck exactly (sorry I'm leaning to the 2500) like yours and modify it.

Thanks for the cool ideas. I may copy some

I'll jump into this thread since JP got me thinking about moddin my 6.7 for more power and mileage. Last week I ordered the DPF and EGR/Cooler delete from Rollin Smoke Diesel. James was on the ball with the order. Got it the next day cuz it ships out of St. George. I installed the EGR delete and cooler block off plates first. Pretty straight forward except for a couple of hard to reach nuts. I got the 4 inch downpipe and DPF delete. Again, with the exception of the TBE, it was straight forward. Would have helped to have an extra hand to hold the TBE while putting on the clamp. Anyhow, after that I downloaded the prize of the order, the XRT onto the ECM. I started out with the 120 hp setting that comes loaded on the unit stock. All I can say is wow! The truck is a brand new machine. The nice thing about the XRT is that it eliminates all the CEL's associated with the EGR and DPF, so no annoying light on the cluster. Just for shits and giggles, i loaded on the 175 hp "hot damn" setting. Oops! I took off down the road, and even with the manual G-56 tranny, the clutch plates wouldn't hold. Everytime I dumped on the fuel, I could feel it slip. So I guess the next mod is a south bend??? I bumped it back down to 120 hp and now it still slips, wondering if I ruined my clutch plates? Anyhow, Brute Force if you want a hand installing the DPF and EGR stuff let me know. Could even let you load the XRT programming onto your truck to see if you like it. Jeez those machines are different animals with mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    I'll jump into this thread since JP got me thinking about moddin my 6.7 for more power and mileage. Last week I ordered the DPF and EGR/Cooler delete from Rollin Smoke Diesel. James was on the ball with the order. Got it the next day cuz it ships out of St. George. I installed the EGR delete and cooler block off plates first. Pretty straight forward except for a couple of hard to reach nuts. I got the 4 inch downpipe and DPF delete. Again, with the exception of the TBE, it was straight forward. Would have helped to have an extra hand to hold the TBE while putting on the clamp. Anyhow, after that I downloaded the prize of the order, the XRT onto the ECM. I started out with the 120 hp setting that comes loaded on the unit stock. All I can say is wow! The truck is a brand new machine. The nice thing about the XRT is that it eliminates all the CEL's associated with the EGR and DPF, so no annoying light on the cluster. Just for shits and giggles, i loaded on the 175 hp "hot damn" setting. Oops! I took off down the road, and even with the manual G-56 tranny, the clutch plates wouldn't hold. Everytime I dumped on the fuel, I could feel it slip. So I guess the next mod is a south bend??? I bumped it back down to 120 hp and now it still slips, wondering if I ruined my clutch plates? Anyhow, Brute Force if you want a hand installing the DPF and EGR stuff let me know. Could even let you load the XRT programming onto your truck to see if you like it. Jeez those machines are different animals with mods.
    Is RSD based in Utah? What are you doing about emissions testing with the DPF deleted and the tuner? I've found a shop that might facilitate a pass (once I do all the emissions modifications).

You're able to clear codes with the Smarty as well. I haven't gotten any with the Smarty yet.

Quite incredible how much better these trucks perform with a little plug and play My TNT software is capable of netting me 230hp off of all stock stuff. No way in hell will the stock tranny support that. It will when it's built

Trackrunner, you won't be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce
    Is RSD based in Utah? What are you doing about emissions testing with the DPF deleted and the tuner? I've found a shop that might facilitate a pass (once I do all the emissions modifications).
    RSD is based in Michigan i believe. But the DPF delete kit is manufactured by H&S performance. H&S is not out of Utah, but they manufacture their stuff here I guess. The XRT and DPF came from St. Goerge. As for the emissions stuff, I am a dealer and the truck is used to tow with. You don't need emissions to run a dealer plate. When the truck has run its course and we are ready for a new one, the DPF goes back on. Then again, I was under the impression that diesels don't need an emissions test???

Reedus, trucks in Utah do indeed require emissions testing.

Connecticut does as well. There are some testing facilities here that will stick the sniffer in and if it passes, it passes.

It takes all of 30 minutes to hook back up the DPF and downpipe with four hands

Brute is going with a 5" down Nothing with the stock exhaust will be left.

5 inch downpipe or 4 inch like I have, it is all the same. Just need an extra set of hands to hold it in place while someone sets the clamp and tightens. As for the 5 inch TBE, heard they have an awful drone going down the highway at certain RPM's

5 inch downpipe or 4 inch like I have, it is all the same. Just need an extra set of hands to hold it in place while someone sets the clamp and tightens. As for the 5 inch TBE, heard they have an awful drone going down the highway at certain RPM's
    Heard the same thing, but out where I live, most Diesel owners have NO EXHAUST system at all. Saw a Ram 2500 yesterday that had 5" pipe from the exhaust manifold terminating just under the front of the bed. Pure black smoke belching out.

Hard to believe he isn't getting ticketed regularly. LOUD, SOOT and OBVIOUS.

I want to keep mine down low. A little smoke every once/while (with the tuner), but otherwise stealthy.

In your case it may work retaining the rest of the 4" exhaust. But going 5" all the way, all the stock stuff is in the trash

I run a 5" down and used to be all the way out back and I had no problems with the noise inside the cab. It now goes to a 7" stack, right at cab height and I can still talk on the phone with the windows down. I did retain my muffler with the stack. If I'm getting into the throttle, widows down or up, the phone conversation has to be put on hold for a sec An ear piece might do the trick