Thread: Highline Trail - sort of

Highline Trail - sort of

Doing some research for a Highline Trail trip summer 2010 - seems like this is the place for good advice. I look forward to searching the forum for answers to the many questions I have. To kick it off a bit - I will be part of a group of 12 experienced backpackers - we plan to start out at the highway trailhead near Butterfly campground/Hayden Pass and finish in Whiterocks area - any suggestions for transportation/shuttle - we will be flying in to SLC. I am loaded up with questions but will dole them out a bit at a time so as not to abuse the available help!

Highline Trail > Head of Rock Creek or Jack and Jill Trail>Dead Horse Pass > Ashley Forest (Highline) Trail > Kings Peak summit > Highline Trail > at Fox Lake we would make decision whether to take Queant Trail to West Forks Whiterocks OR continue to Chepeta Lake and on to West Forks Whiterocks. Thinking West Forks Whiterocks would be the end of the trip - oh and how do we get back to the airport from there????

Any and all help is appreciated, suggested alternate routes, side trips - don't miss while you're near ...? -

Yes I will post a trip report after this trip with pictures! Thanks !!!

We are allowing 7/8 days for the Butterfly to Whiterocks trek. Leaving time for fishing, weather, poor attitudes etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

First off this is the best backpacking trail I have ever done. I started at Leady Peak and went to Mirror lake from east to west it was a little easier for us to set up a shuttle that way. This is kind of a random trail not as well known as say the JMT and t6herefore less services are available for shuttles but there are lots of Uinta guide services who could probably provide some help.

Be prepared for lots of steep climbing and a ton of fun.
    I've never been lost...just really confused for a couple of days.

I agree, contact some outfitters for ideas on the shuttle.