Thread: Finally going to Yosemite

Finally going to Yosemite

So, I posted a thread awhile back about what to do in Yosemite. Well, now it's nearly upon us--we're leaving Labor Day weekend. We are staying in the Curry Tent Village. Do you know anything about this? Any advice? Also, do you know how I get to the trailhead for the hike up Half Dome from the Curry area? Anything at all will help me out.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well its a pretty small area so finding the trail head is a no brainer.

All I can say is I got up really early one Saturday morning and drove from the Bay Area to Yosemite.

I got there about 100 years too late.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan
    I got there about 100 years too late.
    I hear ya, RedMan.

Re: Finally going to Yosemite

Quote Originally Posted by jimflint1
    So, I posted a thread awhile back about what to do in Yosemite. Well, now it's nearly upon us--we're leaving Labor Day weekend. We are staying in the Curry Tent Village. Do you know anything about this? Any advice? Also, do you know how I get to the trailhead for the hike up Half Dome from the Curry area? Anything at all will help me out.
    How exciting - I love Yosemite!

Curry Tent Village is nice, but is very noisy. I recommend earplug if you plan to turn in early. It usually quiets down after 10pm.

The valley is small. When you get there, just drive around a bit to get yourself oriented. When we did Half Dome last year, we did drive to the parking lot closest to the trailhead. At O-Dark Thirty in the morning, there is plenty of parking. Check out the back county office to plan your trip. We went up via the Mist Trail. It is a beautiful hike - I look forward to doing it again. I want to go with my kids.

Have a great trip and take lots of pictures. Be sure to catch a sunrise!

Re: Finally going to Yosemite

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia
    Quote Originally Posted by jimflint1
    How exciting - I love Yosemite!

Curry Tent Village is nice, but is very noisy. I recommend earplug if you plan to turn in early. It usually quiets down after 10pm.

The valley is small. When you get there, just drive around a bit to get yourself oriented. When we did Half Dome last year, we did drive to the parking lot closest to the trailhead. At O-Dark Thirty in the morning, there is plenty of parking. Check out the back county office to plan your trip. We went up via the Mist Trail. It is a beautiful hike - I look forward to doing it again. I want to go with my kids.

Have a great trip and take lots of pictures. Be sure to catch a sunrise!

Thanks, Felicia. Yeah, I heard that Curry Tent Village is pretty noisy. I'm wondering about how big the bear lockers are and if my cooler and the rest of the food items, stove etc., are going to fit.

I will most definitely catch a sunrise. Do you have a recommended place to view one from?