Thread: Things to do in Ogden...real things

Things to do in Ogden...real things

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I'll give it a shot here. I just moved here for school and looking to keep myself busy outside of the school work. Last night, first night here, my roommates and I were invited to a party by a fellow WSU student - it turned out to be a boring high school party with most people sitting around and being boring. So we ditched and went geocaching and had a decent time.

Question is, I know there is a TON to do here...like what?? (climbing, rappelling, biking, hiking, caving etc..) I'm sure there is a book I could pick up with most this stuff listed, any idea what it could be?

Thanks
    better off outdoors

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

hang around here for a bit, and look at what interests you. You could find TONS of stuff to do.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

For starters, do some hikes on the Ogden Shoreline trail, maybe start at the top of 27th street. You'll be brought to some forks in the trail where you can head up Taylor Canyon, or up the Shoreline Trail.

Head up by Snowbasin, there are some great trails up there near the resort, or on the way up there. These are great for hiking and biking.

Drive up 12th street to Ogden Canyon, take a look around, there's the Indian Trail up there.

Don't attend WSU student parties.

Hike up Lewis Peak or Ben Lomond.

Go to the Junction on 23rd and Washington Blvd, check out the iFly and the Flow Rider.

Go up Waterfall Canyon at the top of 29th street. On the way there, you'll pass the Via Ferrata.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I don't know if you are into the bar thing at all, but I really like the Wine Cellar between 25th and 26th on Washington Blvd.

Junction is nice but other than that not much here.

Stop by my office sometime and say Hi. I am in the Marriot Health builiding 2nd floor right behind the elevators.

Check out the Solomon Center

http://www.solomoncenter.com/
    See you on the Trail

Isn't there a via ferratta route up there somewhere?

Gotta visit the Hill Air Force Base museum

Quote Originally Posted by uintahiker
    Isn't there a via ferratta route up there somewhere?
    Yes, up Waterfall Canyon.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2200

I have always wondered what the hell that was. I just figured it was some kinda of training for search and rescue. I once saw someone climbing on it... he hopped off and acted as if he was in trouble. I thought that was odd.

The section by the bridge there is just a little practice thing. There is a much more extensive section up the hill above it, I've heard it overlooks the waterfall.

Stop by my office sometime and say Hi. I am in the Marriot Health builiding 2nd floor right behind the elevators.
    Hi blueeyes, I'll see if I can stop by tomorrow. I have a class in the health building.

And thanks for all the responses! I met some local climbers, luckily!, so I'm getting comfortable with the surroundings. Ogden has a lot to offer, I'm enjoying it.
    better off outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by cookiecutter
    And thanks for all the responses! I met some local climbers, luckily!, so I'm getting comfortable with the surroundings. Ogden has a lot to offer, I'm enjoying it.

Lots of bouldering up on the shoreline trail between @ 23rd street and 27th.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Don't attend WSU student parties.
    I did not attend WSU at all, or maybe I would know, but WHY should noone attend these parties?
    Do they wait till ya get drunk pass out and then take pics of you humping a goat?
    Are there only guys involved and no girls ever show up?
    WHY WHY WHY????

I just hate frat boy parties, I'd rather do something fun

I just hate frat boy parties, I'd rather do something fun
    Hang with frat boys, or hang out on top a mountain

pretty easy choice
    better off outdoors

Hi blueeyes, I'll see if I can stop by tomorrow. I have a class in the health building.

You either came by when I was down campus or didn't make it. So you climb a lot? I am taking a class this semster it starts tomorrow. I am very excited. I have no experience.

You either came by when I was down campus or didn't make it. So you climb a lot? I am taking a class this semster it starts tomorrow. I am very excited. I have no experience.
    I came by, but was unsure which office behind the elevator was yours, I was on my way to another meeting so I was in a hurry. But it looks like I will be meeting you tomorrow as I am also taking the rock climbing class your in for a treat, its a blast!
    better off outdoors

I came by, but was unsure which office behind the elevator was yours, I was on my way to another meeting so I was in a hurry. But it looks like I will be meeting you tomorrow as I am also taking the rock climbing class your in for a treat, its a blast!
    Sweet!

There are four doors in that corner and going from left to right I am the third one. I think 205 but don't quote me on that.

You must be in the early climbing class, are ya excited after the first class? I'm heading home for the weekend to climb Teewinot and start my mission papers but I'll stop by and visit on Monday
    better off outdoors