Thread: Tour of Utah

Tour of Utah

Stage 1 just finished in front of my place of employment. I really don't care about it and am not a fan of road racing at all. I was however drawn into the excitement of the end of this race. It was a cool finish, those guys sure can go fast.

I must have heard David Zabriski(sp? I don't care)'s name 100 times from the announcer.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We were probably 30 cars behind this accident:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7636047

We were headed down the canyon after doing an early morning mtb ride. The road wasn't closed for 2 hours, more like an hour tops, but the scene was grisly to say the least. We didn't walk down to the scene but waited with our vehicle. When they got the victims hauled out and traffic started moving again we drove past the accident spot. There was literally blood all over the road from one side to the other. It looked like someone had taken red paint with a roller brush and made some swipes over the road. Bad deal! I hope the guys will be OK. Funny thing is, when we finished riding, and got into the Jeep, we had to wait a few seconds for some of the amateurs to go by before we could pull out and start heading down the road. We both were talking about how this wasn't good- 1,500 roadies, a steep, twisty canyon road with no shoulder and not closed to traffic, trying to maneuver around moving vehicles, = disaster!
    Are we there yet?

We were probably 30 cars behind this accident:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7636047

We were headed down the canyon after doing an early morning mtb ride. The road wasn't closed for 2 hours, more like an hour tops, but the scene was grisly to say the least. We didn't walk down to the scene but waited with our vehicle. When they got the victims hauled out and traffic started moving again we drove past the accident spot. There was literally blood all over the road from one side to the other. It looked like someone had taken red paint with a roller brush and made some swipes over the road. Bad deal! I hope the guys will be OK. Funny thing is, when we finished riding, and got into the Jeep, we had to wait a few seconds for some of the amateurs to go by before we could pull out and start heading down the road. We both were talking about how this wasn't good- 1,500 roadies, a steep, twisty canyon road with no shoulder and not closed to traffic, trying to maneuver around moving vehicles, = disaster!
    Are we there yet?

Wild, makes you want to ride a road bike in races.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?