Thread: Family Elevated

Family Elevated

It had been awhile since I last took the family out for a fishing day and the Uintas was nominated the perfect place to take the crew.

Now the weather, on the other hand, wasn't perfect at all. With a low ceiling over the valley and plenty of rain, the outlook was pretty sketchy for the Uintas. We took our sweet time getting everything ready in the morning while alternate destinations jumped around in my head.

Ultimately, I realized that it would be crummy weather all over the state and I'd rather get rained on in the Uintas than anywhere else within a reasonable distance. My wife agreed and we were off.

Like always, stopping at the falls was a MUST. The good news was that it wasn't raining anymore...

Pretty neat to get snowed on in August. It didn't last long and it wasn't bad enough to keep me from throwing some brass around. Expecting to hook a small brookie, I was surprised to see this little beauty.

What color! It hit the Blue Fox as soon as it touched the water in a spot that was pretty hard to get down to. Good stuff. I love the falls.

The weather wasn't great, but it's still a wonderful place to be. Having everything wet brings out another facet of its luster.

After the falls, we had hoped to go to Whitney Reservoir, but the earlier rain/snow made me think twice about driving the dirt road. We stopped at Pass Lake for about an hour and had luck with nightcrawlers under a bubble.

Not a bad size for an easy access lake. I even got my boy to reel one in for me. We kept 2 that were deeply hooked and went back the way we came, stopping in at Teapot (another favorite family stop) for a little while.

The bite was off at Teapot, but I still got one to come and play before going back in.

It was a short trip, but well worth it to get out with the family and see some beautiful country.

Happy Fishing, Humans.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement