Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Green River Bike Park - GreenRiver, WY

ahhh my peeps have my back! Come on down Alberta & have some fun here - I consider myself local, since I grew up in Sandy and nearly ALL my family lives along the Wasatch Front. Can't wait to come down and ride!
    .........BTW, did you know that Green River WY is closer to SLC than Green River UT? ;-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I guess we'd fly into SLC then? Unfortunately we're flying to Las Vegas this time and won't have enough days to get up there....I'm afraid to show my family this (but I can't resist!)
    Well done, wish we had that kind of thing here!?!?
    Last edited by albertabikers; 04-26-2010 at 10:33 AM. Reason: mispelling

Just an update: The GRAND OPENING of the bikepark is JUNE 5TH. There will be competition events, a poker run, pros demonstrating, skills clinics, food, live band and yes, lots of SWAG given away!

Had a few more pics from the park. The wall ride and the 'toilet bowl'Name:  the wallride..JPG
Views: 507
Size:  87.3 KB.Name:  DSC00340 (Medium)..JPG
Views: 538
Size:  111.4 KB

IT'S HERE! The bikepark is OPEN! The signs are up, the dirt work is pretty much done - we have pro riders shaping the big jumps...holy friggin cow they can get some air!

The ribbon cutting ceremony is at 10:00AM saturday and the grand opening is from 10 to 2pm. We are raffling off an Eastern Shovelhead (20"bmx) and giving away a bunch of helmets, body armor, shirts, bike parts, water bottles & stuff. several pro riders will be there to do demos, skills clinics and stuff plus we have a live band & concession stand. Lots o stuff going on!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

Re: Green River Bike Park - GreenRiver, WY

YEAH!!! Have fun and we want a full report! Say hi to Mike and crew for me.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk
    Chere'

i cant afford to come up for a few months im saving up for a truck
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"

Mike and crew had a great time riding the park and several trails. We had a bigger turnout than we had anticipated - over 400 people! Awesome turnout and only a few casualties but we got lots of press from media all over the state and surrounding states. THEN about an hour afterwards we were on the road for Canada, in fact, as we speak I am in Edmonton AB at the library using the computer because my laptop blew a rod in Calgary(dammit). SO, tomorrow we are spending the day at the west edmonton mall and then heading to Jasper PP & Banff PP(provinvial park).
    ....took a little getting used to driving with km and not mph...

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

Re: Green River Bike Park - GreenRiver, WY

Sweet! I got a full account from Mike on the phone Sunday night. They really enjoyed themselves. Have fun in Canada, eh!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk
    Chere'

Hey Alberta! We just came through your neck of the woods! Got back late sat pm but we came down through Golden and stayed the night in Cranbrook BC - in the heart of biking country in the pouring rain so we couldnt ride - damn. At least I have a little better idea where yo go back and ride! We saw several bikeparks that made me drool but now I have my very own to ride - gotta get out there today and ride it too!

Is there any new pics of the park. Trying to talk my wife into going there for the 24th.
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/