Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Green River Bike Park - GreenRiver, WY

Green River Bike Park - GreenRiver, WY

I can't begin to tell you all how STOKED I am about this development!

http://www.greenriverbikepark.com/HOME.html
    ....check out our website

We are officially in production mode for the building of this bike park.
    Nat and Rachel Lopes, owners of Hilride Development are the go to people in the development of our little park. They are the ones who designed/built Woodward in Fresno, Schweitzer MTBPark in SandPoint, ID. and Prementura, Croatia to name a few.
    the pump park section:

the northshore style skills area:

the jumps progression section:

WAHOOOOO!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just had a committee meeting tonight with the city parks & rec and Hilride to go over materials lists and dates to start breaking ground. We start moving dirt this week and next week our bikeclub is heading to the mountains to get logs for the elevated trail section. The City is bringing in a crapload of rocks for shelves & drops for the elevated sections as well.

Sweet. We need to have a Bogley Ride Event there when it is done.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Sweet. We need to have a Bogley Ride Event there when it is done.
    Scheduled grand opening is Oct.31st...or earlier if we can wing it but I think it's pretty close to that.

Just talked to Nat Lopes. We are launching the campaign for sponsorship/adverts/promos at INTERBIKE in Las Vegas in Sept.!!!

HERE"S THE UPDATE!

Hi All,

We are excited to announce that the Green River Bike Park in Green River, Wyoming is coming soon! The Green River Bike Park is a joint partnership between the City of Green River Parks and Recreation Department and the Sweetwater County Mountain BIke Association.

Join us! Friday, Saturday and Sunday

snapped a few pics prebuild start. Had a bunch of 'cleanup' of sagebrush and landfill dumping, then started bringing in some big rocks for the elevated trail sections as well as big logs for the elevated sections.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    So when are we going up to check this out. Ha ha I will watch you all ride.

GHB I am way excitd for you guys. I wish we had something like this in Ogden. My kids would LOVE it! Maybe I will just bring a car&bike load of kids up for the day.

First day of the build was incredible! We got about a dozen ladders built, tons of rocks and big logs placed in the elevated trail, and started the jump track! We will have many pictures in a day or two. Tonight was the club ride - we took Nat and Rachael Lopes out on Lunatic Fringe. We'll have pics soon - they both said with the land we have here we could host RedBull style rides here!

Saturday was another big build day. Many more ladders and log rides with rock features in the mix. Sunday - not as many people but still had 30 or so. AWESOME weekend!

That stuff looks sick! Where is the helmet cam video?
    Green river is starting to look like a vacation destination

good work bro

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I like the airborne pic

tell me when the track is broke in and ill be there
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"

the pump track is nearly rideable now, needs a bit of water & tamping down but it pumps. Someone worked on the elevated traail today and added some planks to the ladders, and some more dirt work was done...we are waiting for more dirt to arrive but the main drop hill is COOL!! You'll be able to get some serious air with the speed you generate and the berms will shoot you through as well. We will start laying the beginner sections later but as you can see a few of them are built already. The next builder weekend is Oct. 9th, 10th and 11th when Nat and Rachael Lopes will be back. We will pass around fliers earlier this time and hopefully we'll have somewhat decent weather.
    ....in the meantime, I will be hitting up sponsors during INTERBIKE and promoting the CRAP out of this park at the show!

First day of the second builder weekend today. Great new features built today and LOTS of dirt moved. I'll get better pictures tomorrow....had my hands full today.

Second day of the Octoberbuild - today. Just a few pics and then a video or two
    I am able to ride the whole thing, just sections of it are a bit technical