Thread: Utah QB

Utah QB

Jordan Wynn, a true freshman was just named starting QB.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Utah QB

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Jordan Wynn, a true freshman was just named starting QB.
    He was named to the "ones" but I think Whit specifically did not name him as "the" starting QB. There may be a lot of reasons for this including to motivate the older guys or to really see if this kid has it. Maybe he will be the guy but right now, his is only playing with the first team in practice. From KSL.com....
    "I want to emphasize we have not named a starter," Whittingham said. "It's a chance to sort things out and get some continuity with the ones and twos and so forth. That is our starting point, nothing is etched in stone."
    Life is Good

It's now Wynn's job to lose. Dave Schramm (Utah's new offensive coordinator) was the guy who recruited Wynn.... that means Wynn is his boy.... If the QB contest is anywhere near close they will give it to the freshmen because that will get them 4 years.

Louks has a red shirt year available. With his speed I expect to see him use his redshirt and switch to defence (or use the red shirt to transfer). Utab has a long history of taking HS QB's and switching them to D. Eric Weddle was a recent success at the switch.

On anther note.... I've noticed BYU now has two redshirt freshmen on it's O line.... and no returning starters who will be ready for Oklahoma. So my question.... is it better to start the season with an inexperienced O line or inexperienced QB?

On anther note.... I've noticed BYU now has two redshirt freshmen on it's O line.... and no returning starters who will be ready for Oklahoma. So my question.... is it better to start the season with an inexperienced O line or inexperienced QB?

You really think there is any way to find a true winner in either of those scenarios? I don't see either team as capable of beating OU this year. Lucky for Utah they won't have to.

I'm just happy that Utah's first game is Utah State and not Oklahoma.

No joke...you gotta have a warm up game or two no matter who you are...I guess that's what OU had in mind when they scheduled BYU...OUCH! (And I'm a BYU fan)

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25
    No joke...you gotta have a warm up game or two no matter who you are...I guess that's what OU had in mind when they scheduled BYU...OUCH! (And I'm a BYU fan)
    Yep, going to be a spanking I am afraid. Hopefully Max Hall will be able to stay away from those bigs. I would hate to see an injury on the first game. Then FSU at home could be another real test. And yet I have heard BCS talk coming out of Provo.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    And yet I have heard BCS talk coming out of Provo.
    But they have tempered the talk this year.... listen close and it always begins..... "If we only lose by a little to OU and than run the table....."

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    And yet I have heard BCS talk coming out of Provo.
    But they have tempered the talk this year.... listen close and it always begins..... "If we only lose by a little to OU and than run the table....."

You are not hearing that talk out of me. I love my team but reality is...well.... real. BYU has a new O line and the db's, although hopeful, are untested for the most part.
    Life is Good

USC just named a true freshman to start the first game of the season? Is Utah next?
    Life is Good

And USC is taking a major pounding at the Sports Books for doing it.... The line on the USC vs OSU game, in which USC is favored, just dropped in half.

Also... USC is taking a major pounding on the message boards for doing it.... but that has no real weight...

and FYI: Utah is 20.5 point fovorite over the Aggies... and OU is a 21.5 point favorite over BYU