Thread: Meteor Shower Tonight

Meteor Shower Tonight

I'll be checking this out. For some reason these things fascinate me.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/200908...xpectedtonight

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

How was it. I totally forgot about it and we missed out. Hoping someone with some photog skills got some pics.
    The man thong is wrong.

Checked last night but the bright ass moon made it too hard to see but I did get a glimpse of a few around 5:00 this morning. Pretty cool stuff.

When I was a kid sleeping outside with my friends I saw a huge orange meteor shoot across the sky with a big old tail. It looked to be about the size of a golf ball so it had to be pretty big. I was the only one awake to see it and my buddies called bs. Ever since then I've been kind of fascinated with them.

We also found a bunch of actual meteor balls back up a canyon in Lake Powell. I wished I would have known that's what they were and I would have kept better track of them. Nice round heavy things. Bigger than a golf ball but smaller than a baseball. Not really sure what happened to them all. I had two or three of them. I think my brothers friends stole them from me. Ass bags....

Man I wish I still had them.

Bogley BigShot
    Went to snow canyon to watch and it was cool! The mountains blocked the moon there. Someone just told me that there are still some visible right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Went to snow canyon to watch and it was cool! The mountains blocked the moon there. Someone just told me that there are still some visible right now.
    ya i've seen a few in the past few hours.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I was sitting on my back porch last night talking with a friend and saw two.

fudge! I didn't think you could see them last night. Does anyone know if there will be any to see tonight?
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    fudge! I didn't think you could see them last night. Does anyone know if there will be any to see tonight?
    [quote=National Geographic]

Perseids: "Last Chance" for Best Meteor Viewing TonightAnne Minard
    for National Geographic News

August 12, 2009
    Tonight will be your last chance to see the Perseid meteor shower at its peak
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Sounds like a good night to go for a drive up to Monte Cristo

I missed it too. I wanted to go so bad, but I worked from 5AM to 8PM yesterday. I HATE the two weeks before fall semeseter. Students are ravenous, procrastinating me monsters during this time. Oh well at least they settle down after the semester starts.

I watched for a while after around 1AM.

I have fond memories of watching the Perseids from the top of Mt. Beirdneau with a certain significant other and a bottle of wine. I would've done it again if another would've cared to join me. Boo-hoo. Woe is me.

Anyway, I stayed up farting around with old abandonware games for a while after a bike ride that went unexpectedly late due to multiple flats (not mine) with only a few miles to go.

I then went out and saw about a half-dozen from my backyard in around 30 minutes before going to bed. The alarm went off so unbelievably early Thursday morning.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

I woke up about 2, woke my wife up, then we went outside for an hour or so. We saw several of them- definitely cool! Then we went back to bed for a few hours. Work sure was long that day!