Thread: Keyhole Pine creek conditons?

Keyhole Pine creek conditons?

I am heading up next thursday for a little combo platter of pine creek and key hole and was wondering if anyone has the condions report of what there looking like. Its just my budy and i and we plan busting them out quick. Also if anyone is in the area thursday morning we could use a shuttle to the top of pine creek.
    IT ALWAYS LOOKS HIGHER FROM THE TOP!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Someone posted a trip report on the ACA site from this past sunday. Not as much water compared to the conditions in June but still thought a wetsuit is a good idea.

edit:
    link to the TR
    http://www.canyoneering.net/forums/s...ead.php?t=2951

I went through both a couple of weekends ago. Lots of water. The bottom of the first rap in Keyhole is filled with debri. I didn't wear a wetsuit in either and got a little chilly in PC waiting at rappels. Keyhole we did at about 1 am and it was just 2 of us and we didn't get cold except when in the water. Water is pretty chilly.
    The man thong is wrong.

Trip out, I went yesterday and there is very little water. The long channel you usually swim through barely came up to my waist. There was almost zero debris. Although I could feel it soggy on the bottom beneath the dirty brown water though. Smell was really bad and tons of mosquitos biting us the whole way. (this was only my 2nd trip through though, so just comparing to last time) I have several bites on my forehead and it itches quite bad. So bring repellant! Wasn't too cold since I wasn't submerged in the water except for one or 2 places, but the water was still chilly cold. Just not much exposure to it.

And lastly, the first wedged log, on the first rap in keyhole is no longer wedged. It's fallen in the sand. :( hopefully during the next flash flood it will get off the floor and strike a nice pose similar to the one it had before.

Still was an awesome trip and the temperature was really nice. I would guess it barely hit a 90 high, so it was perfect hiking weather. Hopefully it stays nice for when you hit it up. I friggin love that hike!
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

amazing how much the canyons change. It did rain the week before I was down there. My dad went through Pinecreek last monday and said there was still quite a bit of water.
    The man thong is wrong.

cool thanks for the info were are just planning on bombing them so wet suits wont be a problem i have done them both with out wet suites before and on key hole it was full of water and we swam the whole entire last coridor. there are only 18 permits sold for PC so hopefully we wont run into traffic.

What is protocal on the last drop in PC if it is backed it shouldn't be a problem to just follow the water course and rappel of the log over to the right. I have yet to go down this way but i figure to save some time it might be worth it.
    IT ALWAYS LOOKS HIGHER FROM THE TOP!!!!

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canyonguru
    What is protocal on the last drop in PC if it is backed it shouldn't be a problem to just follow the water course and rappel of the log over to the right. I have yet to go down this way but i figure to save some time it might be worth it.
    Do it. Bring enough webing so you can do this. Makes it go faster.