Thread: Yosemite with little kids?

Yosemite with little kids?

I'll be staying in modesto tonight, and could hit up yosemite with my family tomorrow. On the way back. I've got a 3 yr old and a 10-month old (I throw her in a carrier).

Is yosemite fun for kids this age? Any trails where the 3 yr old can run free and play around or should I make other plans?

I have a parks pass so the entrance fee is not an issue.
    -----
    "It's a miracle curiosity survives formal education" - Albert Einstein

For a good time, check out my blog. or update the CanyonWiki

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I don't know if you will get this or not before your trip. We just returned from Yosemite with a pack of little kids. We drove in from the east over the pass and into the valley which was very beautiful. There were a couple places along the way (around Tuolomne Meadows) for kids to get out and hike around. In the valley proper, Bridal Veil falls and Lower Yosemite Falls were easily accessible for the kids. Plus, depending on your level of adventure you could hike closer to each of these falls, past where most everyone else stops. The lower falls has a neat little pool to play in just below it. There are lots of other hikes from the valley but they are longer and more strenuous. Lots of people spend some time swimming and floating in the river if that is your thing. Hope this helps. Enjoy.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

If you hike the Half dome trail there is a large resting area at the base of the last ascent. Its easy trail to that point so a 3 yo could make it there and there is room to roam if they stay away from the edge.

Generally lots of people there resting, sleeping, picnicking.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!