Thread: TR - The Whole Enchilada!

TR - The Whole Enchilada!

This past Saturday a small group of us rode The Whole Enchilada in Moab. The trail starts at 10,500 feet, climbs brutally to 11,200 feet in a little over 1 mile. And then gloriously descends 26 miles and 7000 vertical feet dumping you down at the Colorado river. The last 10 or so miles are on the Porcupine Rim trail. It's sort of odd starting just below the tree line in thick pine forests and ending up in the Moab desert. Great ride through with almost every riding surface imaginable. I've never been good at taking sufficient pictures to capture a ride, but I have a few. (I apologize for the quality of the summit shot, but the sun was in the exact wrong spot!

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/enchilada.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images        

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    nice!

So Jealous. I am sitting here in my office wishing I was there. I went to the La Sals in 2007 and I want to go back so bad.

We rode the Burro Pass loop from Warner Lake up the Geyser Pass road. It's only 19 miles long, but dang it hurt. I only have a couple of pictures of that trip here at work but there are more at home. Maybe I'll post a belated TR.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

It's been a long time since I last rode the Porcupine Rim.

Too long. (sigh)
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Man that looks so great. I really need to take a trip down that way. Maybe this fall when things cool down some.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Child
    .....Maybe this fall when things cool down some.
    Yeah, this ride starts out cool up at elevation, but heats up very quickly! We erred on the side of caution and every one in the group packed way more water than we ended up needing. I had 5 liters with me and used about 4. This ride would be absolutely blissful in the early fall when the temps are a bit cooler, but before the first snow falls.

Those are Great pics!

I love those pics, especially the Moab ones. Brings back great memories of riding the White Rim two years ago in late Oct. Was about 70-75 degrees, had a support vehicle and camped up on top of a huge rock(can't remember the camp site name). We did it in two days and it was wonderful, we are planning another one for next year.
    GO!

Nice Mtn Dew jersey.

Love photo 5130!!!