Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yes, He REALLY Said That....

Yes, He REALLY Said That....

I hears some fun stuff from different race teams and drivers.... I'll try to post something new and interesting every so often.... We'll start off with this one...

Larry Dixon, on his job as an NHRA driver. "I love the fact that it's not a 9-to-5 job. The last 9-to-5 job I had was working at Jack in the Box, and you spent the time watching the clock, waiting so you could just go out and play."

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jimmie Johnson, on Jeff Gordon questioning why he shaved his beard. "I might have to grow it back sometime here soon, just to get under his skin. Anything I can do to get under his skin, I enjoy those moments (laughs)."

Tony Stewart, on what changes he'd like on the 2010 Sprint Cup schedule. "I'd like to see Eldora added to the schedule but other than that I'm pretty happy with it."

Mark Martin, on his new racing philosophy. "I can't help if we have a flat tire, or we get caught up in a wreck, or a part breaks, or if rain comes at an inopportune time. I can't help that. So I'm not going to stay awake at night or stress about that, because I'm having too much fun."

I am enjoying this thread. Keep 'em coming.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Yes, She REALLY Said That

NHRA driver Ashley Force Hood, on her Ford Mustang after an engine explosion at Maple Grove Raceway. [i]"The car looked like abstract art

Jeff Gordon, on if the Car of Tomorrow is fun to drive. "I've never had that feeling with this car. I don't think it's attainable."

Juam Pablo Montoya, on Mark Martin's final restart technique, which included a brief slowdown at the apex of turn 4.

"I would have done the same thing," he said. "It's frustrating when they do it to you, but when you do it do somebody, it feels good. So I got screwed."
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

If your a fan of JPM you will like this....

'5:00, it's quitting time!'

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/...=nascar,190647

Lee White, president of Toyota Racing Development, on Jimmie Johnson's run to a fourth consecutive Sprint Cup championship. "As much as you'd really like to blow the horn for your guys, as a racer, I have to say, this is rare air. Jimmie and Rick Hendrick and Chad Knaus and that whole team, they deserve all the accolades. For people not to give them the respect they're due, it's just not fair."

Rick Hendrick on contract negotiations with Jimmie Johnson and Chad Knaus. "Jimmie and I tried to look at a lifetime deal. I couldn't borrow enough money to make it work. But, you know, Chad has a multi-year deal. Chad and I have talked about retiring together."

Jack Beckman (professional drag racer who currently drives a NHRA Fuel Funny Car), on his flight with the Air Force Thunderbirds. "It was like riding a roller coaster on steroids with your eyes closed."

Ryan Newman. "Drivers control the race cars. We can crash on the first lap or we can crash on the last lap. It is up to us to decide when."

kevin harvick on the 48's good luck.

"They're really good, but they're also really, really lucky," Harvick said. "They have a golden horseshoe stuck up their ass -- there's no getting around that."
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Bill Elliott, on what happens during NASCAR rain delays. "You can go on just about every hauler in this garage area when it's raining and everybody is either telling lies or eating - if not both."

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Jimmie Johnson, on Jeff Gordon questioning why he shaved his beard. "I might have to grow it back sometime here soon, just to get under his skin. Anything I can do to get under his skin, I enjoy those moments (laughs)."

"The 48 is testing my patience, I can tell you that. It takes a lot to make me mad -- and I am pissed right now, Jeff Gordon at talladega when jimmie dropped down and cut him off.

looks like it's working.

Chad Knaus, on his new contract with Hendrick Motorsports. "In five more years of crew chiefing I'm pretty sure I'll be about done by then. Crew chief years are about like dog years, so I'm thinking I'm about 97 years old, so I don't think I can go much more after that."

Name:  Checker+O+Reilly+&.jpg
Views: 2186
Size:  81.5 KB

Jacques Villeneuve, on what he's been doing. "Well, I have been away from full-season racing for a few years. I was busy raising kids, and that's actually more work than racing."

Tony Stewart, on drivers policing each other on the track. "Now, all of the sudden, the media is making such a big drama about it that now they're forcing NASCAR into their hands again and I don't want the media to dictate how we drive our race cars, but unfortunately, that's what it's coming down to and that's scaring me."

Kyle Busch, on if he looked at the videotape of his crash with David Reutimann. "What's there to review? I was there, I lived it."

Visitors found this page by searching for:

jeff gordon cars