Thread: Trip Report - Brian Head - Bunker Creek

Trip Report - Brian Head - Bunker Creek

Okay - so last time I road a mountain bike on a trail was 10 years ago. so I figured I'd put together a trip to Brian Head and see if I could still ride. Ha - what a stupid thought that was

I ride a road bike quite a bit, so hey - I can handle a mountain bike, right?

We road Wednesday afternoon on another trail - Scout Camp and that was a blast - no pictures - no batteries. But it was memorable. Fast down hills, lots of rocks! Not the best combo - but it worked.

Anyhow - here is the report. Need to shuttle. We planned on riding Wed, but an afternoon hail storm stopped us. We parked at the bottom of the trail and left the truck overnight - glad it was still there the next day.

The parking area is about 10,900 feet - or so - and climbs a bit to 11,000 feet.

So we climbed up - not sure elevation - over 11,000 feet - pretty easy. So far!

After some ball busting (literally) nasty down hill - rocks, roots, etc... I finally came out to a meadow.

The some more downhill - single track - tree roots, rocks, fallen timber, loose wet shale - you know - the stuff a guy that hasn't ridden a trail in a decade can over come. WTF was I thinking? Oh well.

After getting through it all in one piece - sort of - I did leave some skin on the trail.

Don't cry too hard for me - I'll be fine

We stopped here for a photo opportunity.

We climbed a little more and then some very fast jeep trails - not sure the miles - maybe 5 more I didn't take any more trail pictures. The downhill was fast and fun.

Here's the condo we stayed in:

Great rides on both days - Bunker Creek was the best. I was in over my head, but what the hell - might as well sack up and just do it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cool, I've yet to do that trail, thanks for the pics.

try riding on the first week of june with snow patches and 40 fallen trees everywhere...

so did hit any deer? it's scarier then hell when your bombing down that trail at 25mph and you cracking in the forest and before you can look a deer jumps out in front of you.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>