Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart Fortwo

Smart Fortwo

Anyone noticed you are starting to see a lot of these little cars buzzing around town?

OK.... I got one question for any man that has thought about buying one of these and maybe went down to the dealership and looked at them....... Where does a man put his penis when driving one of these cars?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Smart Fortwo

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    OK.... I got one question for any man that has thought about buying one of these and maybe went down to the dealership and looked at them....... Where does a man put his penis when driving one of these cars?
    He puts it back in his wife's purse.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I TRULY enjoy parking my Dodge Ram 2500 next to these little things.

Somebody that works at Jordan Landing (back by LaLuna, Iggies, etc) owns one and I routinely lunch there and almost always park next to it.

I could toss that little thing right in the bed and drive off -- but I'm absolutely certain his/her gas mileage/recurring costs are far better than mine.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

A few months ago I am on I-70, its packed and starts to slow and a Smart car pulls along side in the fast lane. He is sandwiched between me, a 1,000 foot drop and two semis front and back.

He looked like a speed bump.

That is not something I would get on the freeway driving.
    Its a tin coffin.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

I read about these. Most of the reviews were negative. For as small as it is, the mileage isn't all that impressive; maybe 35 city, 40 highway. I guess the only real advantage would be in a tight city setting where parking is difficult.

i'd hate to see it hit by anything larger than a beer can. people scream about how much damage is done by suv's in accidents. here's a perfect example of why. people driving these little pos cars.

i think some of my kids hotwheels are bigger.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

I saw a crash test video with one of these things and a Mercedes C-class. The Mercedes crushed it like a pop can and literally threw it across the room.

Those things are dangerous. And they look retarded.

Oh and if your bike is bigger than the car you drive, you deserve what you get in an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan
    A few months ago I am on I-70, its packed and starts to slow and a Smart car pulls along side in the fast lane. He is sandwiched between me, a 1,000 foot drop and two semis front and back.

He looked like a speed bump.

That is not something I would get on the freeway driving.
    Its a tin coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide
    i'd hate to see it hit by anything larger than a beer can. people scream about how much damage is done by suv's in accidents. here's a perfect example of why. people driving these little pos cars.

i think some of my kids hotwheels are bigger.

Between both of your posts, I can make it all make sense, just add both posts together to get the right answer.

These cars are known as beer can cars. They should not be hit with a beer can nor are they a tin coffin.
    You drive them till they are dead, smash them in your hand like a beer can, and toss it in the bag to get 20 cents when ya turn it in for recycling.
    I think there is very little tin in them, mostly plastic, as evidence here by an actual engine from one:

and the exciting, all new in 2012 models:

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!

Re: Smart Fortwo

Quote Originally Posted by DaveG
    He puts it back in his wife's purse.

Actually, if a MAN bought one of these cars, he doesn't have a penis!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Rhino's FTW most are not rhino's that race in BITD but thats the class nickname.

Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

the original smart ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce
    I could toss that little thing right in the bed and drive off -- but I'm absolutely certain his/her gas mileage/recurring costs are far better than mine.
    not to mention parking is infinitely easier than your truck.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    this makes more sense and goes anywhere
    I think my RZR will outrun one on the highway.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

back in the 70s we had a couple of bad ass machines.
    it seems they were yamaha, and they were trail breakers.
    2 wheel drive motor cycles, big wide balloon tires, we tookt hem (before it was a wilderness area) up deer trails to the top of spring canyon in skull valley. we ran all weekend on deer hunts on a single tank of gas, drove over fallen trees that were 18" or so in diameter, and hauled deer out with the heads tied to the back on them on the basket.
    The only problem they ever presented was that while geared very low, they did piss poor coming down hill, and the chain often jumped off.
    They stopped making them in the early 80s, parts got hard to find, we sold them. but I would love to have them back now.
    slow machines, I think maybe 10 or 15 mph was what sticks in my head as top speed, but they could go anywhere.

According to the web, 6.6 MHP top speed, and a 3 gallon tank, at about 1/2 a gallon of fuel used in 1 hour.

EDIT:
    They are back in production, but what we had was this bad ass:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8grvty
    I remember those.... It's a Rokon and was built by bombardier. Same folks who build Seadoo and Skidoo. Wright's Sales in SLC was the local dealer.

How do I know all this you ask? Because around 1973 I was racing a Hodaka Super Rat and Wright's was my sponsor.

Hodaka Super Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8grvty
    I remember those.... It's a Rokon and was built by bombardier. Same folks who build Seadoo and Skidoo. Wright's Sales in SLC was the local dealer.

How do I know all this you ask? Because around 1973 I was racing a Hodaka Super Rat and Wright's was my sponsor.

Hodaka Super Rat

i had the ace 100 and lets not forget the combat wombat. good
    fun.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    I read about these. Most of the reviews were negative. For as small as it is, the mileage isn't all that impressive; maybe 35 city, 40 highway
    Your right the mileage is pretty crappy. It is actually 33/41 on the