Thread: British Noob!

British Noob!

Hi. I'm Melanie and I just joined. My friends Sarahlizzy and ZoeImogen are already members here.

This summer I joined them and other friends in Zion for a canyoneering vacation. Unfortunately I got a stomach bug or food poisoning or something so only did The Subway. I was planning to do Keyhole too. I cried off Mystery and Pine Creek as I have an issue with exposure that I am working on but I didn't want to get 'stuck' when my nerve left me.

I'm relatively new to being an active person. I have a sedentary job and I was really quite heavy and although I am still over weight I am so so much fitter than I was. I started losing weight a couple of years ago when I started working out at the gym. I've lost 65 lbs so far. I started indoor climbing last year, I cycle and I skateboard. I've ridden a motorcycle for many years now.

I'm really enjoying being more physical. I loved Utah and being in the canyons. I want to lose a lot more weight for next year and I will be back again.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Welcome to the site! Make yourself at home. Hopefully next time you guys visit we'll get to meet the lot of you at a Bogleyfest or something.

Your safety is not my responsibility.

I meant to say that although I'm based in the UK I spend a lot of time in the US working with clients. My first experience of climbing was at Planet Granite in Sunnyvale. Yorkshire, where I live in the UK, is actually quite well sorted for outdoorsy stuff. You can even do canyoneering here but its nothing like Utah!

Congrats and welcome

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Welcome Melanie! Glad to hear you are having so much fun. Hope to meet ya next time you come over.

Welcome to bogley. The UK rocks!

Welcome Melanie. Sorry to hear about your bug while on vacation. Hope your next trip is far better!

Bogley BigShot
    Welcome Melanie

Welcome! It is always nice to have new members and especially from the other side of the pond.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5