Thread: Best Buy return policy?

Best Buy return policy?

Does anyone know what is Best Buys return policy when it comes to laptops? My computer is in repair and it feels like medieval ages without one So I was thinking of perhaps "buying" a laptop from BestBuy and then returning it in a week or so. I just want to make sure they will take it back, heh. I returned a power supply once without a problem, 100% refund to my CC.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Don't know on their return policy on the laptops, just go there and ask for it. The kids that work there, they don't care if you return it and will help you with the policy.

But their repair shop is HORRIBLE. I made a mistake of taking my comp there to replace a ram chip (warranty) and it's been a month now! Freaking pathetic.

I am unsure about a laptop but everything else I have tried to return or get repaired with best buy has been a HUGE pain in the ass.

I am pretty sure there policy is that you can return it within 30 days for a 10% restocking fee, if it is defective you can swap it out for a different laptop but they will not return your full purchasing price.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

I've heard on electronics it's 15 days, maybe even 10. My brother in law got stuck with a monitor because the kid told him 30, but made a mistake.

You can't blame it on the 18 year old kid working there either, they won't take it back.

Just double/triple check what the return policy is.

You could always get it from Costco, they don't give you any crap if you return it within 90 days.

15 days and a 15% restocking fee if the item is opened. 30 days if it is not opened. Boy, those Toshiba Satellites got quite slim from a few years ago

Alex, I heard about Costco - it's a thought. Thanks!

I think I will just tough it out without my PC. I dropped it off for repair at Computer Bytes but I am having my doubts now. They have a $49 flat repair fee (I assume parts not included) so I figured this is a good deal. But the guy was not able to tell me when he might have it done. He said he can do it for the regular price of $80-something in 2 days tops, but if I wanted the special it may take a "few" days. I'll give him a call tomorrow.

Lesson learned: I need an emergency computer for situations like this one.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"