Thread: Wind Rivers Trip........ essay..lol

Wind Rivers Trip........ essay..lol

Hello everyone! Let me introduce myself, my name is Brandon and I have been hovering over this forum the last week or so trying to gain some knowledge about freshwater fishing. I moved from CT a 2 years ago in search of great snow and a better quality of life. This is such a beautiful place and hope you guys never take for granted that you live in such an amazing place! But I am pretty confident the people on these forums know what the good things in life are! Well enough of me
    Attached Images Attached Images               

2. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I LOVE the Winds- great backpacking and fishing! I'm feeling the pain of a long absence right now. Two-three years is way too long away!

Hell yeah!

Gorgeous cutties. The Wind River Mtns are a place that most freshwater fishermen covet with a deep reverence. I'm quite sure we're all jealous of your opportunity. I know I am.

You'll find plenty of interesting/beautiful places in Utah as well, although it's a different animal than the Winds. You seem to like a good hike, so you should try hitting the Uintas as often as you can. Tons of small fish until you get a couple of miles from the roads.

Other good areas for hiking and fishing would be Boulder Mountain, Thousand Lake Mountain, and the Fish Lake Plateau.

Nice looking photos and thanks for sharing.

(Welcome to Bogley)
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

thanks for sharing!
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

I am going to be hiking kings peak this summer should I bring my pole? I am going to have to check those places out you said. I am so excited to go fish again. Spent yesterday at east canyon reservoir and didn't get any bites with minnow or my fly. I still have alot to learn about lures and such but I was hoping for a fish. Whole different story than wind rivers....

Excellent report!

Yep, bring a pole to Kings. There is usually great fishing at dollar lake and several of the other lakes along the way. I have had good success at bear lake as well. You can also catch plenty in the river along the way.

Definitely. Plus there's a lot of gently meandering creek in the valley past Dollar. Grassy banks and pretty fish, I would think.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Well the trip to Kings Peak is over and only a few tiny fish were caught. We ended up camped at henrys fork lake and it was shaaaaallow. Got some nibbles and could see the fish that were biting them. Watched them eat flys landing on the water right next to me while my fly strolled right by while they ignored it. Great trip to Kings peak though, I can say the landscape wasn't what I expected. Saw quite a few people going up and down the valley but on henrys we were all alone for 3 days it was great! I didn't fish much with little time and no maps or gps. But I plan on making a few day trips up to the Uinta's for some real fishing.

heres a fish my friend landed......HUGE!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Those are the size fish I catch! Thanks for the read.
    The man thong is wrong.